Yokohama National University is calling on all International students to apply for the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) Scholarships for masters and doctorate programs. Interested candidates in the Civil and Development study fields are highly advised to apply for this Yokohama Scholarship.
More detailed information on the eligibility of this scholarship opportunity and breakdown details on how to apply for this scholarship are all compiled in the blog post. Ensure you read to the end to get all the information you need.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Master, PH.D
Number of Opportunity: 11
Eligible Region/Countries: Countries with Diplomatic Relations with Japan
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Civil and Development and Civil and ICT/IoT
Opportunity ID: 15517
Funding Type: Partially Funded
International students are eligible to apply for the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) Scholarships for master and doctorate programs at Yokohama National University. Under the “Civil and Development” Program, there are two scholarships for the master’s program and five more for the doctoral program. For the doctoral course in the “Civil and ICT/IoT” Program, three MEXT scholarships and one scholarship for master’s courses are also available.
This Program is research-oriented, but coursework, including attending lectures, is required. Students must complete their dissertation works in English, including the adviser’s help, a progress report, writing, and presentation for their courses.
Only applicants for October 2023 enrollment are eligible to apply for the MEXT Scholarship for these programs. Students from nations that have diplomatic ties to Japan may apply.
Brief Details The Yokohama Scholarship
Applications Deadline: N/A
Host University: Yokohama National University (YNU)
Funded By: MEXT, Japan
Number of Opportunity: 11
Degree Level: Master and Doctorate
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Medium of Instruction: English
Fields of Study: Civil and Development and Civil and ICT/IoT
Benefits of The Yokohama Scholarship
International students who apply for the MEXT Scholarship of Japan can benefit from housing, meals, and transportation.
Eligibility Criteria for The Yokohama Scholarship
Applicants who wish to apply for MEXT Scholarship should meet the following requirements:
- Have the nationality of a country with whom Japan maintains diplomatic ties;
- Be 34 years old or younger on 1 April 2023;
- Be able to come to Japan before the start of the Fall Semester in 2023.
- An applicant for both the Master’s and Doctoral programs should be in good mental and physical health;
- Applicant’s grade point average (GPA) must be 2.30 out of 3.00 or above;
- Proof of an Official English Proficiency Test Score, such as TOEFL/IELTS equivalent to CEFR level B2 or higher is a must;
- Hold a four-year bachelor’s degree for master’s applicants and both bachelor’s and master’s degrees for doctoral applicants;
- Doctoral applicants need to demonstrate strong research potential.
Applicants need to prepare and submit the following required documents:
- Application Form available in YNU Web Application System;
- Certification(s) of Graduation or Copies of Diploma;
- Official Transcript(s):
- For the Doctoral Program, certified transcripts demonstrating the applicant’s academic success in bachelor’s and master’s level courses
- For the Master’s Program, a certified transcript from bachelor studies demonstrating the applicant’s academic performance
- Academic Performance Entry Sheet
- Academic Performance Entry Sheet Format
- Academic Performance Entry Sheet Example
- Valid proof of English proficiency such as TOEFL and IELTS;
- Two recommenders’ names and contact information: Recommenders will receive a request to send an electronic recommendation letter for the applicant;
- Research Plan, including the abstract:
- It should be within five pages, A4 size paper, and PDF/Word file
- The abstract must be in the first 1/3 portion of the first page
- Describe in detail, particularly concerning the ultimate goal(s) of the applicant’s research at YNU
- Academic background and research methodology of applicants.
The brief details of the MEXT Scholarship selection process are as follows:
- The Program will make the selection based on the submitted documents.
- Applications will be evaluated against the applicant’s academic achievements in previous degrees, research potential as determined by educational documents, recommendation letters, the field of interest, and the study plan.
- Shortlisted applicants must complete more extensive application forms and other documentation for the formal procedure. During the selection process, the candidates may receive a request to participate in an interview by e-mail/Skype or other appropriate means.
- Candidates will receive notifications of the outcome of the selection process by the middle of March 2023.
- MEXT will approve the final list of selected applicants.
- The Program will notify the selected applicants of the final selection result and make arrangements for enrollment at Yokohama National University.
- MEXT will announce the final scholarship confirmation by the end of July 2023.
How to Apply for The Yokohama Scholarship?
Please start your application as early as possible by entering the link below. Applicants must apply online and upload all the required documents before the deadline. Please note that any handwritten application forms and documents sent by post, fax, or e-mail are unacceptable.
Check More Scholarships:
- The University of Dundee 2023 Humanitarian Scholarship
- Avancez Scholarship for Master’s Degree Program at Chalmers University of Technology Sweden
- University College Cork offers the Miriam Cotter MA International Scholarship in Creative Writing, Ireland