The World Bank is offering a fully funded scholarship to citizens of developing countries, including Afghanistan for a Master of Urban Design Feild scholarship at Hong Kong University. If you are a student of Urban Design and you wish to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world, then this is a great opportunity. Continue reading to get all the essential details about this scholarship award.
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: Be a citizen of a developing country (Afghanistan included)
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Urban Design
Opportunity ID: 69167
Duration: 1 year
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to nationals of certain developing countries with the necessary professional experience and a track record of aiding their governments’ development initiatives. Scholarships are available to students who are interested in applying to the University of Hong Kong’s Master of Urban Design Field.
Urban design is becoming its unique field of expertise. The Master of Urban Design (MUrbanDesign) program offers mentoring in developing the built environment for severe urban problems. The University of Hong Kong’s Faculty of Architecture offers MUrbanDesign as a one-year, full-time postgraduate program through the Department of Urban Planning and Design.
Brief Details about the Scholarship at Hong Kong University
- Offered by: University of Hong Kong
- Scholarship by: Joint Japan and World Bank
- Deadline for Scholarship: 28 February 2023
- Duration: One year
- Type: Fully-Funded Scholarship
- Eligible Nations for Scholarship: Be a citizen of a developing country (Afghanistan included)
Benefits of the Scholarship at Hong Kong University
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship recipients will get the following benefits:
- Economy-class plane travel from your nation to the host university is provided at the start of your study program and shortly after the end of the scholarship year. Additionally, each trip will cost $500 US in travel reimbursement and include two round-way plane tickets.
- The cost of your graduate program and your university’s basic health insurance.
- A monthly subsistence payment is given during the scholarship duration to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The size of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Eligibility for Scholarship
The following items are necessary for applying for the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship (JJ/WBGSP):
- Be a resident of one of the World Bank-affiliated developing nations on this list.
- Not hold dual citizenship in any developed country.
- A state of excellent health
- Having earned a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) at least three years before the application deadline.
- Possess a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree and have worked in the development field for at least three years recently.
- When you submit your scholarship application, you should already be working full-time, for pay, on development-related projects.
- Have achieved a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent degree from an accredited university) within the last three years and six years before the application deadline. Within the last three years and
- The letter of admission must be included before submitting your application.
- Mother, Father, Sister, Half-Sister, Brother, Half-Brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew are all “closely related.” Additionally, you cannot hold the position of Executive Director, their Deputy, or staff for any World Bank Group assignment.
Requirement Documents for the Scholarship
- One Online Application to be Filled Out (found in apply now button below).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Proof confirming the applicant’s eligibility during the most recent development-related activity years.
- Transcripts for the applicant’s Bachelor’s degree and, if applicable, their most recent graduate degree are required. (Never substitute a transcript for a diploma through upload or utilize one.
- Without regard to finances, an unconditional letter of admission to the master’s program in the JJ/WBGSP participant for the upcoming academic year.
How to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship at Hong Kong University, click the apply now button below and follow all the necessary instructions.
For more information about the Master of Urban Design Field Scholarship, visit Hong Kong University’s website.
If you know anyone I need or someone who would be perfect for this opportunity, don’t hesitate to share.
- 2023 Donghua University Scholarship by The Shanghai Government
- 2024 Ajinomoto Foundation Scholarship to Japan
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands Scholarship 2023 by Susana Menendez Bright Future