Victoria University of Wellington is offering scholarships to graduate students ready to pursue their doctoral studies, this wellington doctoral scholarship is partially funded and covers tuition Fees + a $27,500 stipend Annually.
If you wish to further your Ph.D. at the Victoria university, there are some basic requirements needed to be eligible for this scholarship award. Here in this blog post is all the necessary information you need to acquire this scholarship opportunity. Please ensure you read to the end.
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 39860
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 3 years
In order to promote postgraduate research, Victoria University of Wellington awards scholarships to graduate students who are prepared to begin their Ph.D. studies. Wellington scholarships are awarded based on academic performance and are open to both domestic and international students studying any field.
Typically, scholarships are awarded for three years. If a student has already been enrolled in a doctoral program at Victoria University of Wellington for more than six months at the time the scholarship offer is made, the scholarship’s maximum tenure may be reduced at the discretion of the committee that oversees research scholarships at Victoria University.
Host University: Victoria University of Wellington
Deadline: Applications are considered 3 times a year, with deadlines of March 1, July 1, and November 1.
Study Level: Doctoral/PhD
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 110 scholarships per year.
Fields of Study:
Benefits Wellington Doctoral Scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover up to 3 years of tuition.
- The stipend will be $ 27,500 each year for a maximum of 3 years.
- Academic knowledge on the topic of interest will be improved.
- Cultural, traditional, and historical understanding of New Zealand.
Eligibility Criteria for Wellington Doctoral Scholarship:
- Scholarships are offered to graduate students of any university in NZ or abroad who want to enroll full-time in a Doctoral (Ph.D.) program at Victoria University of Wellington or who have started doctoral studies there.
- If you are accepted for a seat in the Doctoral Admissions Programme, you will be needed to provide the results of your test/program or proof that you are skilled in English.
- A strong academic record & excellent academic references are required to be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship, or the applicant must:
- Demonstrated ability to do high-quality research
- A track record of high-quality journal publications with expertise & education
NOTE: For further information on the Ph.D. scholarship qualifying criteria, Terms & Conditions, and restrictions for applying for this scholarship, please visit the university’s website.
Application Requirements for Wellington Doctoral Scholarship:
- Academic Writing
- Creative Work (Applicants for Music, Creative Writing, Architecture, Design, Theatre, or Film ONLY may also provide a sample or link to creative work)
- English proficiency certificate
- Transcripts (if currently enrolled in an institution)
- If you completed your most recent qualification outside of New Zealand, you must supply Scholaro with a Grade Point Average (GPA) report of your most recent qualification. (Guide)
How to apply for Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand?
Application to the University of Wellington as a doctorate student and for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship is a joint application procedure that can be submitted online through the link below.
Scholarships will be awarded to the selected candidates within six to eight weeks of the deadline.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Possibility of conducting high-quality research.
- High-quality publications in prestigious journals.
- The Victoria Research Scholarships Committee’s decision is then reviewed by relevant schools and faculty.
Please refer to Victoria University of Wellington’s website to learn more about Wellington Doctoral Scholarship.
You may also be interested in these opportunities:
- University Of York UK 2023 Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- The University of Pennsylvania Admission Process for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
- Yale University Admissions 2023-2024 Academic Session