The University of Winnipeg is filled with so many great opportunities, which makes choosing to study there an excellent decision to make especially for international students. The University is centrally located in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We offer many programs, award-winning professors, and opportunities for undergraduate research.
UWinnipeg offers high-quality 3-year, 4-year, and honors degree programs at the undergraduate level recognized worldwide. The University also offers graduate programs, the Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) Program, the English Language Program, The Collegiate which is our high school located on campus offering grades 9-12 Canadian high school curriculum, and UWinnipeg Pre-University Pathway Program for academically strong students under British curriculum who do not meet our undergraduate entrance requirements.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS. PTE Academic, Cambridge qualification, Duolingo
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master
Number of Opportunity: 18
Eligible Region/Countries: All Countries
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Several
Opportunity ID: 15188
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Opportunity Description of the University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg will grant 18 scholarships to overseas students applying for the first time in Canada. This valuable scholarship is open to applicants with excellent leadership abilities, who have a solid academic background of a minimum of 80%, are looking for scholarship options, and are interested in studying at Winnipeg University.
About the UWinnipeg
The University of Winnipeg (UW, UWinnipeg) is a public research university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It provides undergraduate and graduate study programs in art, business, economics, education, science, anaesthesiology, and applied health.
Manitoba and Wesley College were the two founding colleges of UWinnipeg that were united in 1938 to establish United College. In 1967, when United College acquired its charter, the University of Winnipeg was established.
- Application Start for Spring/Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and Winter 2023: January 2023
- Applications Deadline for Fall 2023: February 1, 2023
- Applications Deadlines for Winter 2024: July 1, 2023
- Host Organization: University of Winnipeg
- Country: Canada
- Number of Opportunity: 18
- Level of Study: Bachelor, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE or ELP
The President’s Scholarship award value at the University of Winnipeg for Bachelor’s and Graduate degrees is $5,000, and for Collegiate, PACE, and ELP is $35,00.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of a minimum entrance of 80% average or above.
- Be an international student from any nationality
- Starting their first year of study in any program
- Show excellent leadership abilities.
- Submit a comprehensive admission application by the deadline.
- Pre-Masters or Qualifying year students are not eligible to apply.
Applicants should meet one of the following language requirements for this Scholarship Program:
- Duolingo English Test: Minimum 120
- TOEFL: A minimum 86 score with no less than 20 in each component
- IELTS: Minimum overall score of 6.5
- PTE: Minimum score of 58
- Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency with a minimum score of 180
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Minimum score 60 and CAEL Online: 70
- The Winnipeg University ELP: Successful completion of Academic Level 5
- University and College Entrance Academic English Program: Successful completion
Note: Please read more about English language requirements here.
Applicants need to prepare and submit all the necessary documents:
- Fill out an Admission Application Form for the University
- Fill out the Web Application Form completely.
- A personal statement of 250-500 words
- English proficiency certificate
- An updated CV
- Two recommendation letters from people familiar with the applicant’s extracurricular activities and volunteer work.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their complete application and supporting documents via the university’s online portal by entering the link below.
For detailed information about the Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders, please visit the University Website.
For more opportunities like this:
UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG (UW)
If you know anyone in need or someone who would be perfect for this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to share it.