University of Southern Denmark Center for Advanced Photovoltaics and Thin-Film Energy Devices (CAPE) is currently welcoming applications for International PhD Positions in Advanced Thin Films for Scalable Energy Conversion and Storage Devices for the academic year 2023-2024.
This opportunity comes with a high cost and I understand that you wouldn’t want to let it slip away. Therefore, continue reading to gather more information about the scholarship.
I’ll provide you with step-by-step guidance on how to successfully apply for the scholarship and reap the benefits of the program.
This position is open to both international and domestic students. They must possess a previous master’s degree in fields such as electrical engineering, material science, physics, chemistry, or a related discipline with relevant experience.
The successful candidate can anticipate a maximum 3-year employment contract with a salary of up to 3.378 Euro
About the University of Southern Denmark
The Danish university known as the University of Southern Denmark was founded in 1966. It has a strong mission to advance society through the development of talented individuals and research breakthroughs. This institution’s noble ideals and objectives have gained recognition worldwide, resulting in its placement at the 261st spot in the Best Global Universities ranking.
The SDU, or South Danish University, is a Danish university with campuses located in Southern Denmark and on Zealand. It has a strong relationship with regional industries and the international scientific community and offers joint programs in collaboration with the University of Flensburg and the University of Kiel.
With an enrollment of 29,674 students as of 2016, the SDU is the third-largest and the third-oldest Danish university (or fourth, if the Technical University of Denmark is included). In the Times Higher Education World University
Rankings Top 100 Universities Under 50 List, the SDU has been ranked between 36th (2012), 38th (2013), 37th (2014), and 44th (2015) since the introduction of the ranking system in 2012. Additionally, from 2012-2015, it was listed as one of the Top 50 Universities Under 50 in the QS World University Rankings.
Why should you choose the University of Southern Denmark?
In addition to the reasons you have mentioned, there are several other factors that make the University of Southern Denmark an excellent choice for students:
- Quality of Education: The University of Southern Denmark is known for providing high-quality education and is ranked among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50.
The university offers a wide range of programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs, in various fields such as science, engineering, business, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- International Environment: The University of Southern Denmark has a diverse student body, with students from more than 130 countries. The university offers a multicultural and international learning environment, which enables students to interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Research Opportunities: The University of Southern Denmark is a research-intensive university that encourages students to engage in research activities. The university has several research centres and institutes, where students can collaborate with faculty members on research projects and gain valuable research experience.
- Student Support: The University of Denmark provides excellent support services to students, including academic and career counselling, study abroad programs, and financial aid. The university also has a strong alumni network, which provides opportunities for students to connect with alumni and gain valuable insights into their chosen careers.
- Location: The University of Southern Denmark has several campuses located in beautiful and historic cities such as Odense, Esbjerg, Kolding, and Sønderborg. These cities offer a high quality of life and a range of cultural, recreational, and social activities that students can enjoy.
Overall, the University of Southern Denmark provides a well-rounded educational experience, with a focus on developing students’ skills, knowledge, and global perspectives.
SDU is exceptional, offering a wealth of resources and support for scholars. The PhD program is also well-structured, providing comprehensive training in both research and teaching skills.
Finally, as a PhD student at SDU, there are many exciting academic opportunities to explore, including attending conferences and participating in exchange programs for summer courses.
The University of Southern Denmark Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: No information was given
- Program: PhD
- Scholarship: Euro 3.378
- Number of awards: No awards were given
- Mode of application: Online
- Eligible countries: Local and International Student
- Deadline for submission: 31st March 2023
- Country of award: Denmark
Scholarship eligibility at the University of Southern Denmark
- The PhD program in Advanced Thin Films for Scalable Energy Conversion and Storage Devices is offered at the University of Southern Denmark
- Denmark is open to both Danish and international students.
- Interested students must have prior experience in thin film fabrication and characterization, as well as knowledge of organic, hybrid, and/or metal oxide semiconductors and thin films, Roll-to-Roll coating technology, and devices for energy conversion and storage to be considered eligible for the program.
Application requirements for a scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark
- To apply, students are required to complete and submit the application form provided. Rest assured that all applicants will receive due consideration.
- To be eligible for this position, candidates should hold a relevant master’s degree in fields such as electrical engineering, material science, physics, chemistry, or similar disciplines.
- Furthermore, applicants are required to possess excellent oral and written English communication skills to effectively convey scientific results.
Documents required for a scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark
The university expects students to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled TEK PhD application form (for 5+3 candidates)
- A motivation letter not exceeding two pages, detailing specific interests, motivation, and qualifications for the project in question
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Attested copies of official bachelor’s and master’s diplomas, along with transcripts of exams
- Completed TEK PhD form to calculate grade point average
- An official document outlining the grading system of the universities that granted the degrees (if not from Denmark)
- Contact information (names and emails) of three researchers
- Reference letters.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark
Selected candidates will receive a monthly salary of around 3.378 EURO for a maximum of 3 years of employment, courtesy of the University of Southern Denmark.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Southern Denmark’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: