The University of Newcastle Australia is offering a scholarship to outstanding South Asian candidates who wish to study in their institution. This South Asia Excellence Scholarship is open for candidates in various levels of studies and it’s aimed to encourage South Asian students to strive more in their academic pursuits.
A piece of well-detailed information about this beautiful opportunity is lined in this Blog post. Please endeavor to read to the end to avoid being miss informed.
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master, PhD
Number of Opportunity: 100
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 30081
Funding Type: Partially Funded
The goal of the South Asia Excellence Scholarship is to draw bright candidates to the University of Newcastle. With this merit-based honor, individuals with outstanding academic records are acknowledged and inspired to keep improving. The University of Newcastle will automatically award scholarships to students who are admitted into a qualified, non-quota program and start their studies there.
Offered by: University of Newcastle Australia
Application Deadline: Not specified
- Sri Lanka
Benefits of The South Asia Excellence Scholarship:
- The scholarship is worth AU$ 10,000 for each year of full-time study, divided equally across the courses taken (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression, or wellbeing grounds).
- This equals AU$ 1250 per 10 units of study and will be applied as a tuition fee discount against the number of credits shown in your letter of offer each term.
Eligibility Criteria for The South Asia Excellence Scholarship:
To be eligible for this scholarship, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a passport from a South Asian eligible country.
- Begin studies at the University of Newcastle in an appropriate undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program (excluding ELICOS, Non-Award, Enabling, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be a full-fee-paying international student.
- As specified in your Letter of Offer, you must begin an approved program at an Australian or online campus.
- You should not be the recipient of a separate Institution scholarship unless you have received previous clearance from the university for a specific dispensation.
- Meet all financial commitments of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition charge and additional expenses to obtain your student visa, and if your scholarship eligibility is not maintained.
- Not enrolling in a quota-exempt program.
The following quota programs are ineligible for this South Asia Excellence Scholarship:
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honors) (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honors) (Nuclear Medicine)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honors) (Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honors)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honors)
- Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honors)
- Bachelor of Podiatry.
How to apply for the University of Newcastle South Asia Excellence Scholarship?
- This scholarship does not require an application.
- Scholarships are automatically applied for when you apply to university (where eligibility criteria are met).
- Successful students will be notified of the value of their scholarship along with their offer and should evaluate the complete terms and conditions, informing the institution if they do not wish to accept.
NOTE: Students who do not get a scholarship offer will not be eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students studying at an Australian or online school who have not previously been given the scholarship will likewise be ineligible.
For International Enquiries:
International Enquiries and Conversion
University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308
For more information about South Asia Excellence Scholarship, visit the University of Newcastle’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- Henley Business School offers the Dunning Scholarship Denmark (DSD) Grant Program
- Queen’s University Belfast Awards Early Confirmation for Students from South East Asia, UK
- St Mary’s University offers a Full Computer Science International Scholarship, UK