The International PhD Scholarship Opportunity at the University of New South Wales Microbiome Research Centre, St George Hospital is an excellent chance for students to obtain support towards achieving their research objectives.
It is highly recommended that those seeking such an opportunity do not overlook it. The University of New South Wales will grant the scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
This is excellent news! I will walk you through the process of applying for the International PhD Scholarships. I will highlight its advantages so that you can seize the opportunity to learn more about the program. Please continue reading.
To be considered, both international and domestic students are required to submit their PhD application to the UNSW Microbiome Research Centre. Successful scholarship recipients can anticipate an annual stipend of $35,000 for a duration of three years, along with additional benefits.
About the University of New South Wales
UNSW Sydney, a public research university founded in 1949, is located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is commonly referred to as the University of New South Wales and is a founding member of the Group of Eight, a group of Australian research-intensive universities.
Currently ranked 45th in the QS World University Rankings and 37th in the Best Global Universities ranking, UNSW Sydney has an excellent academic reputation.
Over 200 universities worldwide are engaged in international exchange and research partnerships with UNSW. In the 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject, UNSW secured a place among the top 20 universities globally for Law, Accounting and Finance.
In addition, UNSW is ranked 1st in Australia for Mathematics, Engineering and Technology. Additionally, UNSW is a top-tier institution for medicine, boasting the highest median ATAR (Australian university entrance examination results) of any undergraduate medical school in Australia. The university is made up of seven faculties, providing undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Why should you choose the University of New South Wales as your place of study?
UNSW played a crucial role in kickstarting my internship by providing a strong foundation and building blocks for me to develop my skills. University is a place where you discover your true potential. Achieving that requires an educational setting that fosters growth and encourages exploration.
Our esteemed faculty are dedicated to helping you create a brighter tomorrow. You’ll engage in initiatives that have a significant impact on both local and global societies. We’ll equip you with the power to make a meaningful difference.
The objective of the University of New South Wales is to position itself as Australia’s international university. It strives towards becoming a distinguished institution that sets the global standard in research, creativity, influence, education, and intellectual guidance.
These qualities will enable UNSW to have a significant impact on the lives of individuals both in Australia and around the world.
University of New South Wales Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of New South Wales
- Department: UNSW Microbiome Research Centre
- Program: PhD
- Scholarship: $35,000
- Mode of application: Online
- Eligible countries: Local and International Students
- Country of award: Australia
- Deadline for submission: 16th March 2023
Scholarship Eligibility for the University of New South Wales
- Both Australian and international students are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- The program is specifically for those interested in pursuing a PhD at the UNSW Microbiome Research Centre (MRC) located at St George Hospital in Sydney.
- To be considered, applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in researching the intersection of nutrition and liver disease.
Application Requirements for Scholarships at the University of New South Wales
- To be considered for the scholarship, candidates are required to log in to the university’s online portal and submit their applications. All applications received will be reviewed.
- Additionally, to meet the admission requirements, applicants must possess an appropriate bachelor’s degree in nutrition, science, or an equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution as determined by the Faculty Higher Degree Committee (HDC).
- Students must meet the language requirements by submitting scores of one of the following English language proficiency tests:
IELTS – 7.0
TOEFL iBT – 94
TOEFL PBT – 589
PTE – 65
C1 Advanced Cambridge – 185
C2 Proficiency Cambridge – 185
Documents required for a scholarship at the University of New South Wales
Students must provide supporting documents including a cover letter detailing their research experience and interest in the project, academic transcript, CV, and contact information for two referees.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at the University of New South Wales
Successful scholarship applicants at the University of New South Wales can expect to receive the following advantages:
- The stipend is a total of $35,000 per annum for three years, accessible to both domestic and international candidates.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that spearheads microbiome research in various fields of medicine.
- A conducive environment that fosters personal and professional growth and development.
- Access to a vast pool of participants.
- The chance to experience and immerse oneself in UNSW’s culture of promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the university of new south wales’ official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: