The University of Tokyo (UTokoyo) is accepting scholarship applications from interested students who want to start their academic degrees in Tokoyo. This UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program is targeted at students interested in the Biomedical Science study field.
This blog post will give you all the essential details concerning this scholarship opportunity. Please ensure you read to the end.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 20
Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Biomedical Sciences
Opportunity ID: 18134
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 8 weeks
Applications for the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program are currently being accepted. The program’s objective is to give undergraduate students from various nations (including Japan) who are considering or have already decided to pursue a career in biology or a related field and wish to continue their studies at the graduate level an eight-week experience in biomedical research in the basic and translational sciences.
Application Deadline: N/A
Location: Japan & Singapore
Organized by: The University of Tokyo (UTokyo)
- Visits to biomedical research graduate schools and institutes
- Special seminars and workshops for students to connect and discuss
- Sessions on how to apply to Graduate Schools at UTokyo will be held.
- Use of UTokyo campus facilities such as the Library, Health Care Center, and Gymnasium.
- Cultural events in Japan
Benefits of UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program:
- Students will acquire knowledge and abilities for researching by the end of their summer experience.
- Students will broaden their international friendships as a result of their joint activities.
- These experiences will assist students in developing future cooperation in a variety of contexts.
- 250,000 JPY stipend
- Travel Costs
1. All students are responsible for obtaining their own individual health and travel insurance. Please keep in mind that neither the Amgen Foundation nor the University of Tokyo can provide medical or travel insurance.
2: The stipend should be utilized freely to budget for food and personal trips while in Japan.
Eligibility Criteria for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program:
Applicants for the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled at bachelor’s degree-granting colleges or universities around the world (or its equivalent)
- Has completed his/her first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, are not graduating before the summer program begins, and will resume undergraduate studies for at least one semester or quarter after the summer program finishes
- Should have a proven track record of academic success.
- If you are not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, Have a good working knowledge of English, as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS score of 5.5
- Be interested in pursuing a Ph.D.
Required Documents for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program:
- Applicant’s Portrait Photo (Passport size, JPEG)
- Passport or Identity card
- CV and cover letter (Use this template, Word File)
- Academic Transcripts (Back & front pages, PDF)
- Questionnaire (Excel File)
- English proficiency proof
- Concern Form (Signed, PDF)
- 2 letters of recommendation (Instruction for recommenders)
How to apply for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program?
To apply, first, you have to create an account by clicking the apply now button below. Enter your email address; you will get a verification link to your email, click on the link to directly go to the registration form, enter the required information, and register; you will get an ID and password to log in and have access to the application form and finally, fill the application form.
Read more about UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program
- UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program (Fully Funded)
- Simon and June Li Undergraduate 2023 Scholarship at Oxford University
- New York University offers admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session