The government of Hungar is calling on qualified candidates from selected parts of the world in the field of food safety and quality engineering to take part in the fully funded UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program. This scholarship aims to educate food safety and quality engineers to master’s level.
Details on all the information concerning this scholarship opportunity are listed in this blog post. I encourage you to read to the end to avoid missing information concerning this opportunity.
Language Requirement: Cambridge qualification
Gender: Male, Female
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Food Safety and Quality Engineering
Opportunity ID: 25312
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 22 months (4 semesters)
The UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program is now accepting applications. The Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences offers the following master’s degree program in English. The scholarship aims to train food safety and quality engineers to the master’s level so they can use their knowledge of microbiology, toxicology, molecular biology, and analytical chemistry to control and check the production and distribution of high-quality food suitable for human nutrition in all ways.
Details About UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship
Organized by: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Hungarian Government
Funded by: Hungarian Government
Host University: the Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Campus: Buda Campus, Budapest
Duration: 22 months (4 semesters)
Total Credits: 120
Application Deadline: N/A
- Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- Burkina Faso,
- The Republic of Moldova,
- North Korea,
- State of Palestine,
- The Philippines,
- Republic of Cabo Verde,
- South Sudan Tajikistan,
- Vietnam, and
UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Coverage:
The scholarship will cover:
- Application and tuition costs for the duration of the study session, as well as basic books and notes
- Dormitory accommodation
- Living costs
- Health insurance
Eligibility Criteria for UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship:
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- Be proficient in the English language (C1 level of English)
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree certificate in a related field, as well as transcripts of previous studies (at least 60 credits equivalent to the host institution’s Food Engineering BSc program.) as a part of admission criteria
- Applicants under the age of 30 will be given a preference
Required Documents for UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship:
- Filled Application Form
- A copy of the high school or college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- English proficiency Certificate
- Passport copy (showing expiration date and passport number)
- Recommendation Letter
- Motivation Statement
- Health Certificate verified by a medical doctor
- Good Conduct certificate issued by a local police authority.
NOTE: All documents submitted must be in the English language. Documents submitted in any other language will be rejected. The applicant’s responsibility is to guarantee that documents are correctly translated and validated by a competent officer. Each document should be saved with a name that defines what it is.
The selection of students will take place in two stages:
- Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to Hungary’s Ministry of Agriculture, which will forward them to the University. Students must only submit complete documents. Incomplete documents will be rejected. Files that do not have names will not be processed.
- Phase 2: As part of the admissions process, selected candidates may be required to take a written or oral English examination. The University will conduct a second selection round and notify all successful candidates. The University will be solely responsible for student selection, with no involvement from FAO. Hungary’s Ministry of Agriculture will also notify selected students.
- Citizenship and residency in one of the countries eligible
- Outstanding academic achievements
- English language proficiency (for English-taught courses)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
- The pandemic rules must be strictly followed at all times.
- Applicants who were unsuccessful in previous years may reapply for the Program. These applicants will have to resubmit the entire dossier via email only.
- Keep in mind that the scholarship cannot be extended or postponed.
- Be advised that the course will only begin if a sufficient number of applications are received.
- At the time of first-semester registration, the selected students and the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary (MoAH), the program’s donor, will sign a Scholarship Study Contract.
- Applicants who wish to pursue external funding to cover travel expenses may do so on their own initiative. However, given the length of the process, applicants interested in 2022 scholarships are strongly encouraged to email their application while they attempt to identify funds or pending confirmation that such funds will be granted.
How to apply for the UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program?
Interested and qualified applicants must send their documents via email.
Submission Email: REU-Scholarship@fao.org
Visit FAO’s official announcement for more information.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Simon and June Li Undergraduate 2023 Scholarship at Oxford University
- New York University offers admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session
- Italian Government MAECI Scholarships for International Students