Are you interested in pursuing a degree in Singapore with a scholarship? The TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarship Project at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) Asia is being funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) as part of the “German Study Programmes Abroad” initiative.
This is a fantastic opportunity. Exactly why this article was created to show you how to apply for scholarships in a simple way. In addition, you will learn concealed facts about the TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarships and how you can benefit from the scholarship opportunity. So keep reading for further information.
The scholarship opportunity is open to all international students pursuing postgraduate programs at TUM Asia in Singapore. Scholarships will be awarded only if the applicant is enrolled in a higher degree program and not before admission.
About TUM Asia-DAAD
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) Asia was established in Singapore in 2002 as part of the Singapore government’s Global Schoolhouse Initiative. TUM Asia is an educational and research institution located in Singapore.
TUM Asia-DAAD is a research and educational institution. In 2002, GIST-TUM Asia was established in Singapore as part of the Global Schoolhouse Initiative initiated by the Singapore government. Currently, GIST-TUM Asia provides 5 Master of Science programs:
MSc in Industrial Chemistry, MSc in Integrated Circuit Design, MSc in Green Electronics, MSc in Aerospace Engineering, and MSc in Transport and Logistics. The first three programs are conducted in collaboration with either Nanyang Technological University (NTU) or the National University of Singapore (NUS), while the latter two are solely offered by TUM.
In 2010, GIST-TUM Asia teamed up with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) to launch Bachelor of Science programs in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Chemical Engineering. Students who are accepted into these programs will complete a 2 ½ year course of study that includes a 2 to a 4-month exchange program at the Munich campus.
In 2020, TUM and SIT deepened their partnership and converted the Electrical Engineering and Chemical Engineering programs into 4-year Bachelor of Engineering with Honours programs.
GIST-TUM Asia also launched TUM CREATE in June 2010 as a research initiative that facilitates cooperation between scientists and researchers from Singapore and Germany to advance science and technology.
Through the partnership between GIST-TUM Asia and the National Research Foundation of Singapore (NRF), the TUM CREATE Centre for Electromobility in Megacities research program was established. The focus of this program is on developing innovative systems that combine safety and reliability with functionality and energy efficiency in electric vehicles.
Why should you choose TUM Asia-DAAD as your place of study?
The curriculum offered by TUM Asia emphasizes practical applications, and our partnerships with multiple industries enable you to integrate theoretical knowledge into real-world scenarios. Our institution values internationalism and cultural exchange.
There are several reasons why studying at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) Asia can be an excellent choice for students:
- Strong academic reputation: TUM is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Europe, and TUM Asia is a satellite campus of this world-renowned institution. TUM Asia offers degree programs in engineering, science, and technology, which are highly regarded in the industry and academic community.
- Innovative programs: TUM Asia offers a range of innovative programs that are designed to meet the needs of today’s global economy. The programs focus on practical, hands-on learning, and are designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen fields.
- World-class faculty: TUM Asia’s faculty members are experienced professionals and academics who are passionate about teaching and research. They bring a wealth of industry knowledge and academic expertise to the classroom, which helps to enhance the learning experience for students.
- Global learning experience: TUM Asia is located in Singapore, which is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city that offers a diverse and multicultural learning environment. The campus also has strong links with industry partners and universities around the world, which provides students with a truly global learning experience.
- Supportive community: TUM Asia is committed to supporting its students throughout their academic journey. The campus offers a range of services and resources, including academic advising, career counselling, and student organizations, which help students to succeed both academically and personally.
Overall, TUM Asia offers students an excellent academic experience, with strong academic programs, world-class faculty, and a supportive learning community.
TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarship Details
- Name of organization: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Department: Technical University of Munich (TUM) Asia
- Program: Master of Science Degree
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: Few awards
- Eligible countries: All International Student
- Country of award: Singapore
- Deadline for submission: There is no application deadline.
TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- All nationalities are eligible to apply for the scholarship, which is specifically for the Master of Science program in Aerospace Engineering at TUM Asia.
- However, applicants with German citizenship are not eligible for funding.
- To be eligible, candidates should seek admission to the Master of Science program in Aerospace Engineering at TUM Asia.
TUM Asia-DAAD Application Requirements
- To be eligible for the TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarships, you can apply for a master’s degree at TUM Asia by using our Online Application Portal.
- To be matriculated into the program, all applicants must provide two certified-true copies of their Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate and Official or Provisional Academic Transcript, along with two passport-sized photographs. These documents should be submitted after accepting the offer of admission.
- Applicants whose native language or previous medium of instruction is not English are required to provide proof of English proficiency through either TOEFL or IELTS.
TUM Asia-DAAD Document requirements
All of the following documents must be submitted by applicants:
- One copy of the official or provisional bachelor’s degree certificate
- One copy of the official or provisional academic transcript
- The module descriptions for all modules are listed in the transcript
- Two recommendation letters from two different professors or employers
- A statement of purpose that explains the applicant’s interest in the program they have applied for
- A curriculum vitae/resumé
- One passport-sized photograph
- A photocopy of the passport biodata page (the page that contains personal particulars)
- An Akademische Prufstelle (APS) certificate
- A personal letter of motivation
- Proof of English proficiency.
Benefits of applying for the TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarship
There are only a few DAAD Scholarships available, which are granted to selected applicants. These recipients will be provided with partial financial support towards their tuition fees and also a monthly living allowance for the duration of their studies at TUM Asia.
The scholarship is awarded for one semester, which spans six months, and can be renewed for subsequent semesters based on the recipient’s academic performance.
To get more information about the scholarship website, kindly visit the TUM Asia-DAAD official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: