Toronto Metropolitan International Student Scholarship is available at Toronto Metropolitan University to assist a select group of international students, and we take pride in offering this opportunity.
Are you wondering how you can apply for the scholarship? Exactly why this was post was created to guide you through the process to apply for the scholarship. In addition, I will shed more light on the importance and benefits of the scholarship. Ensure, you read the article to the end to get more details about the scholarship.
International students pursuing doctoral engineering programs in 2023 at TMU in Canada are eligible to apply for the TMISS program.
About the Toronto Metropolitan University
Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU or Toronto Met) is a public research university located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Its primary campus is located in the Garden District, and it also has additional facilities throughout the city. The university comprises seven academic faculties:
the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Community Services, the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science, the Faculty of Science, The Creative School, the Lincoln Alexander School of Law, and the Ted Rogers School of Management.
These faculties are further subdivided into smaller departments and schools. In addition to traditional degree programs, TMU offers continuing education through the G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education. Originally founded in 1948 as the Ryerson Institute of Technology, the institution has since evolved into Toronto Metropolitan University.
TMU is situated in Toronto, which is the largest city in Canada. It provides a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, with over 100 programs available.
Why should you choose to study at Toronto Metropolitan University?
At TMU, students can elevate their education by pursuing a master’s degree, PhD, or professional master’s diploma. Additionally, TMU offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, including foundation programs designed specifically for international students.
Toronto Metropolitan University has introduced a distinctive experiential program known as zone learning, which is an excellent supplement to your regular courses and offers a chance to acquire an extra credential on your transcript. Collaborating with students who share your interests from various fields and community organizations is a valuable aspect of this program.
Toronto Metropolitan Scholarship Details
- Name of university: Toronto Metropolitan University
- Department: Engineering
- Program: Doctoral
- Scholarship, $, 7000 and is not renewable
- Mode of application: Online
- Eligible countries: All International student
- Country of award: Canada
- Deadline for submission: 26th March 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for Toronto Metropolitan Scholarship
- All nationalities are eligible for the scholarship, which is awarded for doctoral engineering programs.
- To be considered for the award, applicants must be international students enrolled in one of Toronto Met’s doctoral engineering programs.
- All engineering doctoral students will be automatically considered for these awards.
Application Guide on Toronto Metropolitan Scholarship
- To apply to Toronto Metropolitan University’s graduate programs, applicants must complete a two-part process online.
- The first part involves submitting an application through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). Applicants will be redirected to the OUAC website to complete and submit their applications.
- The second part of the process involves uploading all necessary documents, which must be done through the university’s online system as it is mandatory.
- To be eligible for admission, candidates must have a master’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with an average grade of 3.33/4.33 or higher (equivalent to B+).
- In addition, they must demonstrate research capabilities, although some programs may have more stringent admission requirements. Before submitting their applications, candidates must meet all necessary admission criteria.
- Proficiency in English is a requirement for all applicants, and they must provide certification of their language skills.
- Applicants must satisfy the English language requirements before commencing their degree program at Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU).
Document required for Toronto Metropolitan Scholarship
To submit a complete application, applicants must provide all the required supporting documents and information, which include:
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Letter of Recommendation
- Transcripts/Grading Scales
- English Language Proficiency
- Supplementary Tests
- Sample of Work
- Statement of Authorship
- Professional Designations/Employee Verification Forms
Benefits of applying for the Toronto Metropolitan Scholarship
Toronto Metropolitan University is offering a non-renewable award of $7,000 to assist a restricted group of international students.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the Toronto Metropolitan University’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: