To all interested international students, the University of Twente offers an exciting scholarship opportunity in Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED). ESED Scholarship applications are currently open for the academic year 2023-2024.
In this blog post, I will provide you with insightful information about the scholarship, a step-by-step process on how to apply for the scholarship award and its benefits. So, keep reading this blog post to the end.
International students who want to pursue a master’s degree at the University of Twente can apply for the ESED Scholarship. Successful applicants will be awarded up to USD $10,000 per year, for a maximum of two years.
About the University of Twente
The University of Twente is a prestigious university located in Enschede, Netherlands. The University of Twente is listed in the top 170 universities in the world in several central ranking tables. In addition, the University of Twente was ranked as the leading technical university in the Netherlands by Keuzegids universiteiten, the most reputable national university ranking.
The University of Twente is in partnership with Delft University of Technology and Wageningen, the Eindhoven University of Technology and the Wageningen University and Research Centre. This is under the banner of 4TU. In addition, it is also a partner in the European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU).
According to the Times Higher Education Ranking, the University of Twente is listed as one of the 200 most reputable universities internationally. With a reputation for innovation and infrastructure that dates back to 2021, the University has maintained a strong position in industry, innovation, and infrastructure.
The university was ranked eleventh in the world rankings.
Why should you study at the University of Twente?
The university is rated as one of the 25 leading universities. The university research institute is top-notch and the researchers have a world-class reputation in various areas including nanotechnology, biomedical technology, information technology, governance studies, sustainable energies and high-tech systems.
The University of Twente offers a wide range of educational programmes and the university research system is geared towards proffering solutions to today’s challenges.
The University of Twente Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Twente
- Department: NA
- Program: Master’s degree program
- Award: USD $10,00 per year
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: Up to 10
- Nationality: International
- County: Netherlands
University of Twente Scholarship Criteria
- All students of different nationalities are eligible to apply for the award.
- Courses or subjects related to the Master’s degree program in Environmental & Energy Management, Geo-information Science and Earth Observation, and Sustainable Energy Technology are offered by the University.
- To be considered, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must apply for full-time master’s degree studies in zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, or political science.
- Successful applicants must undertake full-time studies for a period of at least one full academic year (two semesters or three semesters) starting in autumn 2023.
- The application process is open to applicants in the second year of a two-year program.
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing country/territory listed as development aid recipients as indicated by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- By contributing to the development of their country, applicants must indicate their willingness to visit their home country.
- Applicants must be outstanding students.
- Applicants must graduate with an excellent grade in the top 20% of their class.
- Applicants must be aware that their home country is committed to sustainable energy development
- Applicants must have a track record of participating in community movements.
- In order to apply, applicants must have advanced knowledge and understanding.
University of Twente Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants must be offered admission to the master’s degree program at the university. Afterwards, applicants must submit an online application for the scholarship award.
- Applicants are required to submit the following documents to the University:
- Passport or
- Certificate of birth
- Admission letter from the university of the desired program
- Official letter of admission from the university
- Program outline
- University academic transcripts
- Academic Reference Form
- Academic or personal reference letter
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements of their desired program to apply to the chosen university
- Applicants must meet the following English Language Test Scores:
IELTS – 6.0
TOEFL IBT – 80
CAE – A, B or C grade
CPE – A, B, or C grade
Benefits of applying for the University of Twente Scholarship
Successful applicants will be awarded up to USD $ 10,000 per year for at least two years.
To get more information about the scholarship program, kindly visit the University of Twente’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: