The University of Sydney Physiotherapy Service is establishing an International Research Scholarship in the Physiotherapy Service in the Emergency Department for PhD students.
The fully funded scholarship program is open for the 2023-2024 academic session. To get started with the application process, you are reading the right article. So, keep reading to find out more about how to benefit from the scholarship opportunity and how you can apply.
All international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship award. Students are required to enrol in a PhD study programme at the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney.
In addition, applicants are required to conduct research in an MRFF-funded clinical trial in order to qualify. Successful applicants will be awarded $35,000 per annum for up to 3 years.
About the University of Sydney Physiotherapy Service
The university is a prestigious university based in Sydney, Australia. It was established in 1850 and is recognized as one of the oldest universities in Australia. According to QS World Rankings, the university is listed as the top 40th in the world. In terms of employment opportunities, the university is ranked fourth in the world.
As a global institution, the university stands for excellence and integrity in admissions. The University of Sydney is a member of the Group of Eight, the Conference of East Asia and the Pacific, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
A Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) degree at the University of Sydney prepares students to assess, diagnose and treat people with joint, muscle and nerve problems.
Why should you study physiotherapy at the University of Sydney?
Students will undergo practical training through state-of-the-art simulations and practical experience on how to utilize a range of drug-free techniques to treat and prevent injuries. Over the course of the four-year program, students will gain a comprehensive understanding of physiotherapy.
This includes topics such as musculoskeletal anatomy, neuroscience, respiratory and cardiac conditions, paediatric physiotherapy and preventive health care.
Sydney International Research Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Program: PhD
- Award: $35,000
- Number of awards: Unknown
- Mode of application: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country: Australia
Sydney International Research Scholarship Eligibility
- All international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship award
- Courses or subjects related to the PhD programme at the Emergency Department are offered by the University.
- To be considered, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must undergo research in an MRFF-funded clinical trial, thereby supporting the provision of physiotherapy services in the emergency department.
Sydney International Research Scholarship Application Process.
- Applicants must first submit an admission application for the scholarship via the university portal. The scholarship application form must be submitted differently.
- The following documents are required to be submitted by applicants to the university
- Upload of English language test scores
- Upload of academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Scholarship documentation
- Marriage Certificate or Change of name Certificate.
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the program they applied for at the university.
- Applicants must submit the following English Language proficiency exam score: IELTS-6.5
Benefits of Sydney International Scholarship PhD Position
Applicants accepted into the University of Sydney will be awarded $35,000n yearly for up to 3 years of study as part of the PhD program.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Sydney Physiotheraphy official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarships Opportunities: