The Ho Kong Fung Ling Postgraduate Research Scholarship is being offered by the University of Sydney. It provides financial support for students who are conducting research at the Charles Perkins Centre.
The scholarship is specifically designed for the 2023-2024 academic year.
I know you might be wondering how you can apply. It is exactly for this reason that I created this post to guide you through the steps you need to follow in order to proceed with your application. In addition, I will provide you with helpful information about the scholarship opportunity and its benefits. So keep reading. It is well-detailed.
To be eligible for the scholarship award worth $40,000 per annum for a period of 3.5 years, applicants must be international or domestic students who are either commencing or already enrolled in a PhD program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Additionally, they must have received an offer of admission to the relevant course for which they have applied.
About the University of Sydney Ho Kong
The University of Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities, consistently ranking in the top 50 universities worldwide.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including the arts and social sciences, business, engineering, health sciences, law, medicine, music, science, and veterinary science. The university’s campus is located in the inner-city suburbs of Camperdown and Darlington, with other campuses
scattered throughout the city. The University of Sydney is also a member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities.
Why should you choose the University of Sydney Ho Kong as a Place of Study?
There are many reasons why someone might choose to study at the University of Sydney. Here are some of the key factors that make the University of Sydney an attractive choice for students:
- Academic excellence: The University of Sydney is consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world and is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities. The university has a strong reputation for academic excellence and is home to some of the world’s leading researchers and scholars.
- Wide range of courses: The University of Sydney offers a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across a variety of disciplines, including the arts and social sciences, business, engineering, law, medicine, and science. Students can choose from over 400 undergraduate courses and over 600 postgraduate courses.
- Campus life: The University of Sydney has a vibrant and diverse campus community, with students from all over the world. The campus is located in the heart of Sydney, with easy access to the city’s cultural, recreational, and commercial amenities. The university offers a range of extracurricular activities, including clubs and societies, sports teams, and cultural events.
- Research opportunities: The University of Sydney is a world-class research institution and offers many opportunities for students to get involved in research projects. The university has a strong focus on interdisciplinary research and encourages collaboration between different faculties and disciplines.
- Career prospects: Graduates from the University of Sydney are highly sought after by employers, both in Australia and internationally. The university has a strong track record of producing successful graduates who move on to have successful careers in a wide range of fields.
Overall, the University of Sydney is a great choice for students who are looking for a world-class education in a vibrant and diverse community. Whether you’re interested in pursuing a career in academia, industry, or government, the University of Sydney can provide you with the skills, knowledge, and opportunities you need to succeed.
Ho Kong Fung Postgraduate Scholarship Details
- Name of University: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Program: PhD
- Scholarship: $40,000
- Mode of application: Online
- Deadline: Applicants for scholarships must submit their applications by 3rd March 2023.
- Number of awards: No awards were given
- Eligible countries: Local and International Students
- Country of award: Australia
Ho Kong Fung Postgraduate Scholarship Criteria
- Both domestic and international students are welcome to apply for a PhD programme in the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney.
- It is mandatory that the PhD study be conducted at the Charles Perkins Centre.
- To meet the eligibility criteria, applicants must have received an offer for a place in the programme at the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
- In addition, they must be willing to undertake research at the Charles Perkins Centre.
Application Process for Ho Kong Fung Postgraduate Scholarship
- To be considered, students who are interested must first submit an admission application and then a scholarship application form.
- Admission Requirements: Typically, students must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant subject to meet the entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Students are required to submit their scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Documents required for the Ho Kong Fung Postgraduate Scholarship
The following documents must be presented to the university by students:
- English language results
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates (testamurs)
- Scholarship documentation
- Marriage/change of name certificate
Benefits of applying for the Ho Kong Fung Postgraduate Scholarship
The University of Sydney is set to confer an annual scholarship award worth $40,000 on the winners. This award can be received for a maximum of 3.5 years during their course of study.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Sydney Ho Kong’s official website
Other Scholarship Opportunities: