We are thrilled to inform you that the University of Southern California is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you’re considering enrollment in our renowned institution, you can begin submitting your application today.
In this blog, we’ll offer valuable information about the admission process and showcase the benefits of choosing the University of Southern California.
About the University of Southern California
The University of Southern California, founded in 1880, is a non-profit private institution of higher education situated in Los Angeles, California, a bustling metropolis with a population of over 5,000,000 people. Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
USC is a coeducational university with a large student body (enrollment range: over 45,000 students). USC offers a wide range of degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, in various fields of study. Admission to the university is selective and is based on entrance examinations, academic records, and grades.
With admission rates ranging from 10-20%, USC is considered a highly selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. The university provides a range of academic and non-academic facilities and services, including a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. USC has been in operation for 142 years.
Why choose the University of Southern California
The University of Southern California (USC) is a highly respected private research university located in Los Angeles, California, with a long-standing reputation for academic excellence and innovation. USC’s Marshall School of Business is consistently ranked among the top business schools in the United States and globally.
It offers a range of undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs in various fields of business, such as accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, and more.
One of the main advantages of studying at USC is the high quality of its academic programs. These programs are designed to provide students with practical skills and knowledge, as well as opportunities for research, internships, and networking.
USC’s faculty members are renowned scholars and practitioners in their respective fields, and they are committed to helping students succeed both academically and professionally.
Another advantage of studying at USC is the university’s commitment to providing financial aid and scholarships to students who need them. USC offers a range of financial aid options, including need-based grants, loans, and work-study programs, as well as merit-based scholarships, which are awarded based on academic achievements, leadership potential, and other criteria.
Moreover, USC’s location in Los Angeles offers students a wealth of opportunities to explore and engage with the city’s vibrant culture and arts. Consider studying at USC because it is a renowned business school with a top-notch academic program.
Additionally, USC provides financial aid and scholarships to students in need and offers one-to-one interviews with lecturers during office hours to address any concerns. USC also boasts a variety of clubs and societies, such as the environmental students club, and provides numerous job and internship opportunities.
The university has a welcoming community that facilitates building new friendships and mutual support. Finally, USC offers delectable meals and impeccable service. Discover all that USC has to offer!
The University of Southern California’s identity
- Name of the university: University of Southern California
- Acronym: USC
- Year of creation: 1880
- Motto: Palmam qui meruit ferat ( let him who deserves it bear away the pain)
- Colours: Cardinal and gold
The University of Southern California Campus Location
AddressUniversity Park Campus
Tel+1 (213) 740 2311
Fax+1 (213) 740 9048
The University of Southern California Academic Degree Levels
Matrix of Study Areas and Degree Levels by University Rankings:
Degree Levels: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Engineering Science and Technology
The University of Southern California’s tuition range
The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ displays the annual tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Both local and international students are required to pay over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 Euros) per year for their respective programs.
The University of Southern California Academic Degree Levels
University Admission Requirements:
The University welcomes applications from both men and women (CoEd), including international students. The selection process is based on a combination of entrance examinations, past academic records and grades.
New admission requirements include:
- Secondary school GPA is mandatory.
- Secondary school rank is neither required nor recommended.
- Secondary school records are required.
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is required.
- Recommendations are required.
- A formal demonstration of competence is required.
- Admission test scores are required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required.
- Other tests (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.) are neither required nor recommended.
- The admission rate ranges from 10-20%
- The Admission Office is located at University Park – JHH 216, Los Angeles 90089-0911. For further information, please contact (213) 740-1111.
The University of Southern California Student Enrollment Profile
Size and characteristics:
- The institution has over 45,000 students.
- There are over 5,000 academic staff members.
- It is a private institution.
- The entity type is non-profit.
- The academic calendar is based on semesters.
- The campus is situated in an urban setting.
- The institution has no religious affiliation.
The University of Southern California’s Academic Classification
- The Carnegie Classification has been updated, and the institution now falls under the category of “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity.”
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive.”
- It is a primarily residential, four-year, and large institution with a majority of graduate students.
- The undergraduate program is full-time and more selective, with a higher transfer-in rate.
- The curriculum is balanced between arts & sciences and professional studies, with a significant number of graduate students sharing classes with undergraduates.
The University of Southern California Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services:
- Library: The University of Southern California boasts an extensive collection of physical (e.g., books, media, etc.) and digital/electronic items. In 2018, the library reported 4,012,295 physical volumes and access to 1,011 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has 24 branches available for use.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available at the University of Southern California. In the 2018 academic year, the total dormitory capacity (on and off campus) was about 8,700 students.
- Sports Facilities: The University of Southern California offers a range of sports facilities for students to use.
- Financial Aid: Financial assistance is available for students in need.
- Study Abroad: The University of Southern California provides opportunities for students to study abroad.
- Distance Learning: The University of Southern California offers distance learning options.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available to support students.
- Career Services: The University of Southern California offers career services to help students with their career goals.
- Institutional Hospital: The University of Southern California has an institutional hospital available for students.
USC Accreditation Details
Since 1949, WASC Senior College and University Commission has accredited the institution.
In addition, it also holds specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations such as AACSB International, CAC of ABET, EAC of ABET, AANA, and ABA Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar.
The University of Southern California Membership and Affiliation Details
The following organizations are either members or affiliates of the groups listed below:
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
- Association of American Universities (AAU).
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
The University of Southern California’s Academic Structure
- Annenberg School for Commuincation
- Davis School of Gerontology
- Gould School of law
- Keck School of Medicine
- Leventhal School of Accounting
- Marshall School of Business
- Roski School of Fine Arts
- Rossier School of Education
- School of Architecture
- School of Cinematic Arts
- School of Dentistry
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Policy, Planning and Development
- School of Social Work
- School of Theatre
- College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Graduate school
- Thornton School of Music
- Viterbi School of Engineering
The University of Southern California Social Media Platforms
Facebook: The University of Southern California’s Facebook page for social networking.
Twitter: The University of Southern California’s Twitter page for microblogging and news updates.
LinkedIn: The University of Southern California’s LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking.
YouTube: University of Southern California’s YouTube channel or Vimeo channel for videos.
TikTok: The University of Southern California’s TikTok channel for videos.
Instagram: The University of Southern California’s Instagram account or Flickr account for photos.
To get more information about admission, Kindly visit the University of Southern California official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: