For the academic year 2023-2024, The University of Skövde is welcoming candidates to submit applications for the International PhD Student Position in Informatics, emphasizing Simulation-based Optimization and Decision Support.
Are you interested in learning more about the scholarship program, its application and how you can become a beneficiary of this scholarship opportunity? Keep reading for further vital information about the scholarship opportunity.
Applicants who hold an advanced degree in industrial engineering/management/analytics or a related field, and who have a strong background in simulation and optimization, as well as artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms, are eligible to apply for this PhD position, whether they are domestic or international students. Successful candidates will be offered full-time employment for five years and will receive a salary.
About the University of Skovde
The University of Skovde has bestowed the status of a higher institution in 1983. Currently, it is granted the status of an academic institution. It specializes in various educational programmes as an academic institute with topics in areas like Business, health, Biomedicine, and Computer game design.
The University of Skovde has four schools covering research, education, and PhD and these four schools are subdivided into Bioscience, Business, Health and Education, Engineering Science, and Informatics.
The University of Skovde has a total enrollment of 9,000 students (4, 000 FTE) which comprises 50 undergraduate and 10 graduate degree programmes. The foundation of the University of Skovde was laid by an act of the Swedish Parliament. The University of Skovde was founded in 1997.
The university is governed by an agency named the Swedish Ministry of Education and Research. The university comprises five schools and is organized as a thematic institution:
The School of Bioscience, The School of Business, The School of Health and Education, The School of Engineering Science, and The School of Informatics.
The University of Skvode is home to various research groups and centres cutting across the above five mentioned schools:
- Systems Biology
- Retailing and international business
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Followership and organizational resilience
- Knowledge and Innovation Management
- Professional Accounting Practices and Sustainability
- Virtual engineering
- Health and Ageing
- Physical Activity, IT and Health
- Woman Child Family
- Distributed Real-Time Systems
- Information Systems
- Interaction Lab
- Media, Technology and Culture
- Skövde Artificial Intelligence Lab
- The university has eight departments, which are:
- External Relations and Communication Office
- Academic Affairs Student Support Office
According to the Swedish Higher Education Authority, the University of Sweden is ranked 7th in providing quality education in Sweden.
Why should you choose the University of Skovde as your place of study?
The University of Skövde is committed to achieving excellence in both education and research while fostering a warm and welcoming environment. As a modern and hospitable institution, it offers top-notch education and globally competitive research opportunities.
The university also attracts international students for research.
Similarly, the university fosters a close relationship between teaching staff, students, and underdeveloped businesses.
The University of Skovde Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Skovde
- Department: School of Engineering and Science
- Program: PhD
- Scholarship: Job Offer
- Number of awards: Online
- Eligible countries: Local and International Student
- Country of award: Sweden
University of Skovde Scholarship Eligibility
- Students from any country are welcome to apply.
- The PhD program in Informatics with a concentration on Simulation-based Optimization and Decision Support at the University of Skövde is open for applications. To be considered, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- They should have practical experience and knowledge of C++ and Python programming.
- They should have prior experience in research and/or industry involving artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms, simulation, and optimization.
Application Requirements: University of Skovde Scholarship
- To be considered for this position, candidates must log in here. Meeting the criteria will automatically qualify all applicants for consideration.
- To be eligible for admission, applicants must hold an advanced degree or have completed a minimum of 240 higher education credits (ECTS).
- With at least 60 credits in subjects such as industrial engineering/management/analytics, production/automation engineering, computer science, information technology, or other relevant subject areas.
- Furthermore, students must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by submitting scores from one of the following standardized tests: IELTS (with a minimum score of 6.5), TOEFL IBT (with a minimum score of 90), or PTE (with a minimum score of 62).
Documents required for a scholarship at the University of Skovde
- To gain admission to the doctoral program, students must provide the university with several supporting documents.
- These include a cover letter, a statement in English outlining their motivation, research interests, and expectations, a CV, certificates/grades, and any other qualifications they wish to highlight.
- Additionally, students must also submit their Master’s thesis work and any publications they have authored.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at the University of Skovde
The University of Skövde intends to offer candidates who have been successfully selected full-time, fixed-term employment for a duration of up to 5 years.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Skovde’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: