In order to enhance the financial assistance provided to its undergraduate students, the University of Pennsylvania has established the Melvin M. Goldberg Undergraduate Fellowship for the academic year 2023-2024.
That’s fantastic news for undergraduate students who are attending the University of Pennsylvania in the academic year 2023-2024. The Melvin M. Goldberg Undergraduate Fellowship is likely to provide financial support for eligible students, which could help alleviate the financial burden of attending college.
However, I would recommend you read this blog to check the details of the fellowship program. This will enable you to learn more about the eligibility requirements, the application process, and the specific benefits that the fellowship provides.
The MMG Fellowship offers an undergraduate research opportunity in any STEM field to both US and non-US citizens.
To be eligible, applicants need to work with an advisor at their home university to find a supervisor who is willing to support their research in Israel. Successful candidates will receive USD 5000 to cover their summer travel expenses and living costs.
About the University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League research university situated in Philadelphia. The university is recognized as the fourth-oldest institution in the United States, after Harvard. The University of Pennsylvania was established in 1749.
The University of Pennsylvania, situated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a private Ivy League research institution. It was initially established in 1740 as the College of Philadelphia and is one of the nine colonial colleges founded prior to the Declaration of Independence. As per the QS World University Rankings, the university is ranked 13th worldwide.
The university comprises twelve graduate and professional schools, in addition to four undergraduate schools. The undergraduate schools that enrol students are the School of Nursing, the Wharton School, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
Why should you study at the University of Pennsylvania?
The University of Pennsylvania is designed to strengthen the level of education with an innovative research institute. In addition, the university embraces a positive learning environment and also fosters a vibrant diversity of learning for students. In the same manner, the university is identified as a leading higher education institution in terms of research and innovation.
The University of Pennsylvania Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Pennsylvania
- Department: No information was given
- Program: Undergraduate
- Scholarship: USD $5,000
- Mode of application: Online
- Eligible countries: Local and International Student
- Country of award: USA
Scholarship Eligibility: University of Pennsylvania
- Both US citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for the scholarship award
- The University of Pennsylvania offers any STEM-related research topic for undergraduate programs.
- To be considered, applicants must be satisfied with the following requirements:
- Applicants must be US citizens and permanent residents of the US citizens.
- It is required that applicants choose a STEM topic. In order to apply, applicants must identify and confirm a supervisor at the country’s university who is willing to supervise them in Israel.
- Applicants must be U.S. juniors or seniors with an enthusiastic and innovative spirit in order to qualify for the Goldberg Fellowship Award.
Application Requirements for the University of Pennsylvania Scholarship
- Applicants are required to submit their admission applications either through the Coalition Application or directly to the Common Application for Financial Aid. Additionally, applicants must fill out the information provided on the university’s official portal. All documents must be emailed to Professor Ken Goldberg: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admission requirements for UPENN include meeting the necessary academic qualifications, which usually involve high school graduation, as well as fulfilling any course-specific prerequisites.
- Additionally, a high level of English language proficiency is essential for successful study at the university. The university accepts TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo as proof of language proficiency.
Documents required for the University of Pennsylvania Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Applicants should submit a resume/CV as an attachment to the above-stated email
- Full Contact Information
- Application year of graduation, name of the institution and major
- Summary of the proposed plan of study which must be 500 words or below
- Provide the advisor’s name and contact information (USA).
- Confirmed supervisor’s name and contact information (Israel)
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at the University of Pennsylvania
The MMG Fellowship, offered by the University of Pennsylvania, provides USD 5000 to support living expenses and summer travel for a motivated undergraduate student from any university in the United States.
The recipient of the fellowship will engage in supervised technical research at one of several universities or research centres in Israel, including Bar-Ilan, Ben-Gurion, Haifa U., Hebrew U., Technion, Tel-Aviv U., and the Weizmann Institute.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the university of Pennsylvania’s official website to get the latest updates
Other Scholarship Opportunities: