The University of Liverpool has made available applications for the 2023/24 academic year for the ‘Scholarship for Women in Data Science’. In celebration of International Women’s Day, they are offering the Health and Life Sciences Data Science Re-training Scholarship exclusively for women.
This is a golden opportunity and I wouldn’t want you to miss out on that opportunity. In essence, this blog post will guide you through the steps to follow to successfully apply for the scholarship.
The Computational Biology Facility is sponsoring the IWD Scholarship program, which is available to female-identifying international students. Successful applicants will be granted access to all of CBF’s professional courses for a period of five years.
About the University of Liverpool
The UOL, or the University of Liverpool, is a research-oriented public university located in Liverpool, England. Originally established as a college in 1881, it obtained its Royal Charter in 1903, granting it the power to grant degrees. The university is recognized as one of the six ‘red brick’ civic universities and is known as The Original Red Brick.
It is composed of 35 departments and schools organized into three faculties. The university is a founding member of the Russell Group and the N8 Group for research collaboration. Additionally, its management school has triple crown accreditation.
According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities, the university is situated among the top 1% of universities worldwide. It has previously been placed among the top 150 universities globally by the guide. Additionally, the university is a founding member of both the Russell Group and the Northern Consortium.
With over 33,000 students enrolled in 450 programmes across 54 subject areas, the university is research-oriented. Its academic pursuits are diverse, encompassing both the arts and the sciences. The University of Liverpool School of Medicine, established in 1835, is one of the largest medical schools in the UK. It has close affiliations with the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
The Russell Group is an association of leading research universities in the UK. The university in question has the 7th highest offer acceptance rate among its members, extending admission offers to 83.1% of its applicants. The university is made up of 35 departments and schools, organized into three faculties. In total, the university provides more than 230 undergraduate courses covering a wide range of 103 subjects.
Why should you study at the University of Liverpool?
The University of Liverpool is ranked among the top 30 universities in the world according to the UK QS World Rankings 2020 and the Times University Guide Rankings 2021. With a graduation rate of over 75% for first-year students, the university provides modern facilities to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
Students can choose from a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs based on their interests, passions, and career goals.
Beyond academic excellence, the University of Liverpool offers students numerous opportunities to explore new interests and develop their personal and professional skills. With over 200 student-led societies, a variety of volunteer initiatives, and study abroad programs, the university nurtures student growth both in and outside the classroom.
The university boasts a diverse student population, with 27,000 students on campus, including 8,000 international students from over 130 countries, creating a welcoming global community.
There are many reasons why studying at the University of Liverpool can be an excellent choice for students looking to further their education. Here are some of the main reasons:
- High-quality teaching: The University of Liverpool is known for its high-quality teaching, which is informed by cutting-edge research. This means that students receive an education that is both up-to-date and grounded in the latest knowledge and theories.
- Research excellence: The university is a world-renowned research institution, with a reputation for producing groundbreaking research in a wide range of fields. Students have the opportunity to learn from some of the leading experts in their respective fields and participate in research projects themselves.
- Wide range of programs: The University of Liverpool offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including many that are highly specialized. This means that students can find a program that matches their interests and career goals.
- International outlook: The University of Liverpool has a strong international outlook, with students and staff from all over the world. This creates a diverse and vibrant learning environment that can broaden students’ perspectives and enhance their understanding of different cultures and ways of thinking.
- Supportive community: The University of Liverpool is known for its supportive community, with staff and students who are dedicated to helping each other succeed. This includes academic and personal support, as well as a wide range of extracurricular activities and opportunities.
Overall, the University of Liverpool is a great choice for students who are looking for a high-quality education in a supportive and inclusive environment. With its reputation for research excellence and international outlook, it is a university that can help students achieve their full potential and prepare them for successful careers. This is because it is a rapidly changing world.
Scholarship Details: University of Liverpool
- Name of university: University of Liverpool
- Department: Computational Biology Facility
- Program: Master
- Scholarship: Free CBF professional courses
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: No awards were given
- Eligible countries: All International Student
- Country of award: UK
Scholarship Eligibility: University of Liverpool
- The scholarship is open to applicants of all nationalities. The award is given to students pursuing a master’s degree in Data Science at the Computational Biology Facility (CBF).
- To be considered eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identify a woman who wishes to pursue a career in data science/bioinformatics or has taken a career break in the last three years.
- Have a background equivalent to a master’s level and a keen interest in bioscience/biomedical sciences.
- Preference will be given to women who come from low socio-economic backgrounds, global majority backgrounds, and those who identify as living with a disability and/or carers.
Application requirements for a scholarship at the University of Liverpool
- To apply for the IWD scholarship for the year 2023, please access the application form through the following link: IWD Scholarship Application Form 2023. Interested applicants can submit their application for a postgraduate degree at Liverpool online.
- Admission prerequisites for the Master’s program at Liverpool must be fulfilled by applicants prior to submission of their application.
- In addition, applicants who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of Liverpool’s English language prerequisites to be eligible for CBF courses.
Documents required for a scholarship at the University of Liverpool
- Apart from the information requested on the application form, applicants must include copies of the following documents with their application, regardless of whether it is submitted online or offline:
- School or college transcripts/certificates (applicable only to international applicants)
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- English language certificates (applicable only to international applicants)
- Personal statement
- Research proposal (required only for MPhil/PhD/MD applicants) In case any of these documents are not in English, official, authenticated translations must be provided.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at the University of Liverpool
The successful candidate will have a 5-year window to access any courses offered by the Computational Biology Facility (CBF) at no cost. Additionally, they will be enrolled in a community of peers who will support their growth in expertise and skillset and provide valuable networking opportunities.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Liverpool’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: