The University of Central Lancashire is delighted to announce that we are offering an exciting International PhD (via MPhil) Studentship in the School of Natural Sciences and Engineering.
Application for the 2023-2024 studentship award is now open to all interested applicants.
For more information about the program and to get started with the application. In the next section, you will find all the answers to your questions in the article. Keep reading to find out more about the studentship award.
The Studentship award will be offered for the Project Title: Efficient Deep Surrogate Models for Inverse Problems to students who are pursuing a PhD degree at the Schools of Natural Sciences and Engineering at the University of Central Lancashire.
Studentship recipients must have a strong understanding of the subject matter as well as advanced analytical and programming skills backed by a bachelor’s degree.
About the University of Central Lancashire
The University of Central Lancashire, a public university situated in Preston, Lancashire, England, has a rich history dating back to 1828. This is when it was established as the Institution for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. Over time, it has undergone various name changes including Harris Art College, Preston Polytechnic, and Lancashire Polytechnic.
In 1992, the university was granted university status by the Privy Council. Currently, the University of Central Lancashire is the 19th largest university in the UK in terms of student enrollment, attracting students and researchers from over 100 countries.
It has established collaborative relationships with 125 international institutions and conducted joint research with leading Chinese universities on nanotechnology. This has potential applications in drug delivery, water purification, and fire toxicity.
The University of Central Lancashire boasts a diverse student body, with 22 nationalities represented on campus, a team of 98 professors and over 600 research or knowledgeable staff. Each year, the university admits more than 2,000 international students.
The University of Central Lancashire has received international recognition for its academic excellence, ranking in the top 3.7% of universities worldwide according to The Centre for World University Rankings 2016 (CWUR). It was also the first modern university in the UK to be included in the QS World Universities Rankings.
It is listed in the top 800 universities globally according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Why should you study at the University of Central Lancashire?
The University (UCLan) has been awarded an impressive 5 QS Stars rating for its exceptional provision of employment opportunities for graduate students. UCLan’s approach to education is unique in that it combines academic knowledge with real-life experiences to equip students with the skills and experience needed to
succeed in today’s competitive job market. As a result, UCLan graduates are highly skilled and talented, making them highly sought after by leading industries across the globe. The university sees its graduates as a valuable investment in their growth and future success.
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) strives to make a positive impact on the lives of its students, faculty, business partners, and the broader community. The institution achieves this by offering exceptional higher education, fostering innovation, and conducting cutting-edge research.
UCLan is committed to helping individuals realize their full potential and to creating a lasting impact on society. This is done through its dedication to providing outstanding educational opportunities, promoting research excellence, and contributing to the development of its communities.
UCLan’s vision is to be a world-class university that inspires positive change and creates a brighter future for all.
The University of Central Lancashire Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Central Lancashire
- Department: School of Natural Science and Engineering
- Program: PhD
- Scholarship: £16,062
- Number of awards: NA
- Mode of scholarship application: Online
- Eligible countries: Local and international students
- Country of award: United Kingdom
The University of Central Lancashire Scholarship Criteria
- Applicants can apply for the scholarship award regardless of their nationality or whether they are foreign or EU citizens.
- The University of Central Lancashire Scholarship offers courses in the Schools of Natural Sciences and Engineering.
- To be considered, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicants for this opportunity must possess prior knowledge of Numerical Analysis, Partial Differential Equations, and either Bayesian statistics or process-based modelling. Additionally, advanced analytical and programming skills are required to be considered for this position.
The University of Central Lancashire Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants are required to submit their applications through the university portal. All candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for the position.
- To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in mathematics, physics, or computer science, with a 2:1 grade or higher.
- Applicants must prove their competence in the English language by submitting the following English Language Test Scores: IELTS-6.5
Benefits of applying to the university of Central Lancashire
The University of Central Lancashire is offering a studentship to selected candidates within the Schools of Natural Sciences and Engineering. The studentship will provide an annual tax-free stipend of £16,062 per year for a total of 3.5 years. In addition, the successful candidates will be eligible for up to £2,250 per annum in bench fees.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Central Lancashire’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: