The University of Auckland is providing this scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year to assist you in your pursuit. Take a step towards your aspirations and move closer to achieving your goals by applying for the Nicola Crowley Memorial Scholarship for Women in Computer Science.
This is an excellent opportunity. And I will walk you through the steps to follow to successfully apply for the scholarship. Additionally, you will learn more about the scholarship program and how you can benefit from it.
The objective of the study award is to encourage enrollment of highly talented female students, both domestic and international, in undergraduate programs in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics offered by the University of Auckland.
About the University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is the country’s largest public research university located in Auckland, New Zealand. It was established in 1883 as a constituent college of the University of New Zealand and later became an independent university in 1961.
The university has five campuses located throughout Auckland, including the City Campus, the Grafton Campus, the Tamaki Campus, the Epsom Campus, and the Tai Tokerau Campus.
The University of Auckland offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines such as the arts, business, education, engineering, law, medicine, science, and social sciences. It is also known for its research capabilities.
It is home to several research institutes and centres, including the Auckland Bioengineering Institute, the Centre for Brain Research, and the Liggins Institute.
In addition to its academic and research offerings, the University of Auckland also has a vibrant student life with numerous clubs, societies, and events. The university also offers various support services to help students achieve their academic and personal goals, including academic support, counselling, health services, and accommodation options.
The University of Auckland holds the top spot among universities in New Zealand. It has achieved the highest ranking among New Zealand universities in both the QS World University Rankings and the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
The university is also recognized in the Times Higher Education top 250, along with Auckland University of Technology and the University of Otago. In the QS World University Rankings of 2010, the University of Auckland placed 68th overall globally and performed consistently well in subject rankings.
This included ranking 51st in Arts & Humanities, 55th in Engineering & IT, 41st in Life Sciences & Biomedicine, 68th in Natural Sciences, and 38th in Social Sciences.
Why should you choose the University of Auckland as your place of study?
The University of Auckland seems to be dedicated to supporting students financially and helping them succeed in their education and future careers. It’s a necessity to have access to financial aid options to make higher education more accessible and affordable for all students, regardless of their financial background.
I hope that these opportunities continue to be available and that students take advantage of them to achieve their academic and professional goals.
We provide an opportunity for you to obtain an internationally recognized credential from a research-oriented institution. Our university has also been placed in the top 10 universities worldwide in the Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings, which evaluate universities based on their contributions to the United Nations
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As the top-ranked university in New Zealand, the University of Auckland has earned a strong reputation for delivering quality teaching. Our international rankings further reinforce our commitment to excellence.
Our graduates are equipped with the skills and knowledge to become global citizens, making significant contributions in a variety of fields. Our bachelor’s degree programs provide specialized education and transferable skills that enable students to thrive in their careers, adapt to changing roles, and excel in their chosen professions.
The University of Auckland Scholarship Details
- Name of university: University of Auckland
- Department: Computer Science
- Program: Undergraduate
- Scholarship: $5,000
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: 1
- Eligible countries: Local and International Students
- Country of award: New Zealand
Scholarship eligibility for the University of Auckland
- The scholarship is open to both domestic and international students who wish to apply.
- It will be awarded to those who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science conjoint program, or Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics at the University of Auckland. To qualify, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Candidates must have enrolled in the first year of a full-time program and paid their fees or arranged for payment.
- The scholarship is available to female domestic and international students.
- The selection committee will consider academic achievement, as demonstrated by results in the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) or an equivalent qualification, as well as financial need.
- Successful applicants must have a GPA of at least 5.00 (refer to Notes I-II).
- The Scholarship will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council based on the recommendation of a Selection Committee composed of the Head of the Department of Computer Science, one member of Academic Staff from the Department of Computer Science nominated by the Head of the Department of Computer Science, and one representative of the donor.
- The scholarship will be paid in two instalments, one in Semester One and the second in Semester Two. To qualify for the second instalment, recipients must have achieved a Semester One GPA of at least 5.00 (equivalent to a B average).
- The Scholarship may be held with other scholarships, awards, or grants, provided the terms permit and the University of Auckland Council approves.
- Recipients are required to disclose any other grants, awards, or scholarship funding received while in receipt of this Scholarship to the Scholarships Office.
Application requirements for a scholarship at the University of Auckland
- To be considered for this grant, applicants must first enrol in an undergraduate program at the University of Auckland. They can apply by submitting their application to the Scholarships Office. Additionally, applicants should click the “Apply now” button and complete the online application form to complete their application.
- To be eligible for their desired program, applicants must meet the specific admission criteria.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the language by submitting IELTS, TOEFL, or equivalent scores
Documents required for a scholarship at the University of Auckland
To apply for an undergraduate program at the University of Auckland, you may need to submit supporting documents such as a:
- Previous degree or qualification,
- A minimum GPA,
- English language proficiency test results.
- And other program-specific requirements.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at the University of Auckland
An award of $5,000 will be granted by the University of Auckland to female students, whether international or domestic, who are enrolled full-time in the first year of a BSc, BSc conjoint degree, or BAdvSci (Hons) program in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the University of Auckland’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: