The DAAD STIBET Graduation International Scholarships for talented students are being announced by the Technical University Dortmund.
Earning a qualification in Germany can be highly advantageous if you aspire to pursue a career in the technical field. Fortunately, financial barriers need not hold back ambitious students, as measures are in place to ensure accessibility to all.
Hence, an opportunity has been brought to you by Technical University Dortmund to free you from financial bondage.
In this blog post, I will share with you steps by which you can easily apply for the scholarship and as well guide you through the process of fulfilling the criteria of the university Scholarship. So, you are at the right article that has all the answers to all your hidden questions.
This scholarship is available to international students and researchers enrolled in a degree program at the Technical University Dortmund. Candidates must demonstrate outstanding academic performance and financial needs. Successful applicants will receive full funding to support their applied study program.
About Technical University Dortmund
Dortmund’s Technical University, also known as Technische Universität Dortmund, is a prestigious higher education institution located in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. With a student population of more than 35,000 and a faculty and staff of over 6,000, including 300 professors, the university offers approximately 80 Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs.
The campus is situated in the Ruhr area, the fourth-largest urban area in Europe. The university is well-regarded for its research performance in a range of fields, including physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, and economics.
Technische Universität Dortmund is also notable for its contributions to the development of the internet in Germany and machine learning, specifically in the areas of support-vector machines and RapidMiner.
The founding of the University of Dortmund (German: Universität Dortmund) in 1968 was a significant development during the decline of the coal and steel industry in the Ruhr region, as it was considered an important step in the transition from heavy industry to technology-driven economic growth (Strukturwandel).
Initially established as a technical university, the university’s research focus encompasses a broad range of disciplines, including natural sciences, engineering, pedagogy/teacher training, special education, and journalism. In 1980, the university merged with the adjacent Pädagogische Hochschule Ruhr, which predominantly offered humanities programs.
TU Dortmund University boasts more than 1,000 third-party funded projects, including numerous collaborative initiatives such as (transregional) Collaborative Research Centers, Research Units, Research Training Groups, a “Cluster of Excellence,” and several Horizon 2020 research consortia. The university’s faculty comprises nearly 300 professors who are engaged in teaching and research.
The university has gained recognition for its research efforts in four main areas of focus: Materials, Production Technology, and Logistics; Chemical Biology, Drug Research, and Process Engineering; Modeling, Data Analysis, Modeling, and Simulation; and Education, Schooling, and Inclusion.
These areas of focus enable TU Dortmund University to achieve research breakthroughs that transcend disciplinary boundaries and achieve international recognition for its excellence.
Why should you choose Technical University Dortmund as a place of study?
The Technical University Dortmund is recognized for its robust global network of distinguished partner universities and research institutions, and its dedication to promoting effective scientific communication both institutionally and among individual researchers.
The university, located in the Ruhr region, which is the fourth largest urban area in Europe, provides over 80 bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. It has attained high rankings for research in various fields, including economics, chemistry, electrical engineering, and physics, among others.
Technical University Dortmund Scholarship Details
- Name of university: Technical University Dortmund
- Department: No information was given
- Program: Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Scholarship: Tuition fee
- Number of awards: No awards were given
- Mode of applications: Online
- Eligible Countries: All international Students
- Deadline for submission of application: Applicants are required to submit their application before 15th November 2023.
- Country of award: Germany
Eligible Criteria for Technical University Dortmund Scholarship
- International students are eligible to apply for bachelor, master, or doctoral-level study programmes at the Technical University Dortmund.
- To be considered eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- they must be academically excellent students and have registered their thesis.
Application Guide on how to apply for Technical University Dortmund Scholarship
- To apply for admission, students must use the online portal provided by the university. Additionally, students who are interested in scholarships must complete a separate application form to be considered.
- To be admitted, students must satisfy the university’s entry requirements for their intended degree program. Additionally, they must provide scores from one of the following English
- language proficiency tests: TOEFL IBT (minimum score of 80), TOEFL PBT (minimum score of 550), TOEFL CBT (minimum score of 213), or IELTS (minimum score of 6.0
Documents requirements for the Technical University Dortmund Scholarship
To complete their university requirements, students must provide the following documents:
- Confirmation of their thesis registration
- CV in a tabular format
- Current enrollment certificate
- Current transcript of grades, including their average grade
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Credit card statements for the last three months
- Proof of a blocked account, commitment declaration, scholarship proof, or income proof
- Copy of their residence permit
- Bank statements for their spouse (if applicable)
- Copy of their current employment contract
Benefits of applying for the Technical University Dortmund Scholarship
The Technical University Dortmund will award the DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship to the winning students, which is expected to provide financial support for education-related expenses such as tuition fees and living expenses.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit Technical University Dortmund’s official website to get the latest updates
Other Scholarship Opportunities: