Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology has extended an invitation to outstanding students to apply for the Graduate Scholarship Program for Excellent Foreign Students (EFS) for the academic year 2023-2024.
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship specify that only non-Thai students may apply. In addition, to be considered for the award, applicants must have applied for a master’s or doctoral degree in an eligible field at the Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology.
The scholarship will be granted based on merit, and a total of 40 students will receive it. The scholarship covers various expenses, including tuition fees, living allowances, airfare, and other related costs.
About Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology
Established in 1992 as a semi-autonomous institute of technology within Thammasat University, the Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology is located in Pathum Thani, Thailand. The institute has developed faculty and student exchange programs with several universities across Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America.
Founded in 1992 as a semi-autonomous institute of technology within Thammasat University, the Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology is situated in Pathum Thani, Thailand. As one of Thailand’s research universities, it provides international programs in science, technology, engineering, and related management fields,
with English as the language of instruction. The institute is also a member of the Links to Asia by Organizing the Traineeship and Student Exchange (LOTUS) network, an international consortium of universities in Europe and Asia.
Why should you study at Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology?
- High-quality education: SIIT offers high-quality education with a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. The institute’s programs are designed to equip students with practical skills and knowledge that are in demand in the job market.
- International environment: SIIT is a multicultural institute with a diverse student population from around the world. This creates an international environment that provides students with exposure to different cultures and perspectives.
- Strong research culture: SIIT is known for its strong research culture and research facilities. The institute has a team of experienced faculty members who are actively engaged in research and development projects.
- Campus facilities: The SIIT campus is equipped with modern facilities, including state-of-the-art labs, libraries, sports facilities, and student centres.
- Scholarships and financial assistance: SIIT offers scholarships and financial assistance to international students, making it more affordable for them to pursue their studies.
- Career opportunities: SIIT has a strong industry partnership that provides students with opportunities for internships and job placements. This increases the chances of securing a job after graduation.
Overall, SIIT provides a supportive and enriching learning environment that prepares students for successful careers in their chosen fields.
Sirindjorn International Institute of Technology Scholarship Details
- Name of university: Sirindjorn International Institute of Technology
- Department: No information was given
- Program: Master or PhD
- Scholarships: tuition fees and other benefits
- Number of awards: No awards were given
- Mode of application: Online
- Deadline for Submission: 15th March 2023
- Eligible countries: All International Student
- Country of award: Thailand
Scholarship Eligibility: Sirindjorn International Institute
- Countries that are eligible: Students from overseas are welcome to apply.
- Courses or subjects that are eligible: Students may apply for masters or doctoral level studies in Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry, Environmental Engineering/Science/Technology/Management, Chemical Engineering/Chemistry, Industrial Engineering and Logistics Systems, Civil Engineering, Digital Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Technology, Energy Technology/Management, Materials Engineering/Science/Technology, Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering, and Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things at SIIT.
- Eligibility criteria: To be considered eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must not be Thai nationals.
- Applicants must be in good health and have exemplary conduct.
- Applicants must not be receiving any other scholarships.
Application Requirement for a scholarship at Sirindjorn International Institute
- To apply, please submit your admission application through the university’s graduate application portal. If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please contact Ms Sirikanya Kaewthep at firstname.lastname@example.org via email to obtain further application details.
- To be eligible for admission to the desired graduate program, applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.25 and must meet the admission requirements.
- Additionally, students must provide evidence of their English language proficiency by submitting scores from one of the following tests: TOEFL (PBT) with a minimum score of 400, TOEFL (IBT) with a minimum score of 32, TOEFL (IBT) Home Edition with a minimum score of 32, IELTS with a minimum score of 4.5, TOEIC with a minimum score of 500, TU-GET (PBT) with a minimum score of 400, or TU-GET (CBT) with a minimum score of 32.
Document required for a scholarship at Sirindjorn International Institute
The university requires that students submit the following paperwork:
- For non-Thai citizens, a certified copy of either their Thai Citizen ID Card or Passport.
- For current high school students, a certified copy of their High School Transcript that reflects their grades from the most recent semester.
- Obtain a certified copy of the graduate high school transcript.
- A copy of their portfolio.
- Certified GAT-PAT/Common 9 Subjects or Standardized test scores.
- Two letters of recommendation that demonstrate their strengths.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at Sirindjorn International Institute
- The Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology will provide chosen applicants with the following privileges:
- Complete coverage of SIIT tuition and educational support fees (including full thesis support), with the exception of:
- A monthly living allowance of 10,000 baht
- Travel expenses for a round-trip economy ticket, via the most direct route to and from Thailand and the recipient’s home country (actual expenses not to exceed 20,000 baht per student)
- Miscellaneous expenses like visa fees and airport taxes (actual expenses not to exceed 10,000 baht)
- Health and accident insurance during the scholarship period in Thailand.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the Srindjorn International Institute of Technology’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: