The University of Dayton is offering partially funded scholarships for undergraduate international students. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who wants to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in the United States.
Here in this blog are detailed information and step-by-step guideline on how to acquire this unique scholarship opportunity.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, Duolingo, Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: International
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Various Fields
Opportunity ID: 41094
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Duration: 4 years
The University of Dayton (UD) is ranked among the top 50 universities in the US for undergraduate education and practical training that prepare students for successful professions. The Foreign Student Barometer reports that UD offers a variety of opportunities for international students, earning the institution recognized as a top university in the world for studying, living, and support services.
The University of Dayton is also committed to openness and affordability. Why? They want you to be debt-free so that you can think ahead and make plans for a profitable future.
University of Dayton’s Merit Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students
University of Dayton is pleased to provide merit scholarships based on students’ academic achievements. Upon admission, the majority of UD foreign undergraduate students earn an international merit scholarship.
Currently, international merit scholarships are worth up to $30,000 per year towards tuition costs. They do not offer fully-funded scholarships. All students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship when they receive your application and required documents.
You may be eligible for up to $4,000 in textbook reimbursement over four years. This scholarship requires a campus visit or video visit to be awarded.
Important Details About The Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students
Scholarship provider: University of Dayton
Amount of Scholarship: Up to $30,000 per year
Eligible nations: International students
Duration: 4 years
The total cost of one year: $67,000
The calendar year at the University of Dayton is divided into three terms. International students’ application deadlines are as follows:
- Fall term (August through December) — May 1
- Spring term (January through April) — November 1
- Summer term (May through July) — Case-by-case basis (You can apply to be admitted in the Summer of 2023)
Dayton is an affordable city; housing, food, transportation, and entertainment all cost far less in Dayton than in other cities in the United States.
Undergraduate costs for international students:
- Tuition: $46,170 (fall and spring terms only).
- Living expenses: $16,465 (includes UD housing and meal plan for 12 months).
- Insurance and other costs: $4,750 (including mandatory health and accident insurance, transportation, books, etc. estimated for 12 months).
Financial Documents Requirements for Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students
Students must provide an official bank statement and a letter of financial assistance demonstrating a minimum of $67,385 USD. Both the name on the bank statement and the name on the letter of financial support must match.
- Financial Documents must be less than six months old.
- Financial documents may be submitted in your country’s home currency equaling the necessary amount in USD.
- Students who are being sponsored by their home country’s government or embassy must submit an official financial guarantee letter.
- These documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR sent through the mail to the address.
English Language Proficiency
For admission to the University of Dayton, all students are required to present proof of English competence. Proof of English competence can be provided in one of three ways:
- TOEFL (Minimum 70)
- IELTS (6.0)
- PTE (50)
- iTEP (4.0)
- Duolingo English Test (Minimum 100)
- SAT (A minimum reading score of 26 is required)
- ACT ( A minimum English score of 21 is required)
Intensive English Program
If you are academically eligible but do not satisfy the minimal score standards given above, or if you do not submit English Proficiency results, you may be accepted conditionally with the promise that you would attend UD’s Intensive English Program (IEP) full-time.
Full admission will be given upon successful completion of their IEP program or accomplishment of an institutional TOEFL score of 80 (iB) or the equivalent.
Visa and Financial Documentation
Students who wish to enter the United States must complete specific conditions imposed by the University of Dayton and the United States Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. A student must be admitted and show proof of financial ability to fund educational costs, living expenses, and other personal expenses for the first year.
To check your financial capabilities, UD needs you to submit financial documentation to their office. They will prepare immigration paperwork (I-20). This document will subsequently be used to get a student (F-1) visa from the consulate.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students
- Anyone who graduated from school and wants to pursue their undergraduate degree and has the financial resources to study in the US can apply.
- Your Official School transcripts and diplomas
- Identity Card
- Bank account statement ($67,385)
- Affidavit of support
- Personal Essay (Your motivation to study in the US)
- Two Reference letters (If applicable)
How to submit your Documents
You can send the scanned copy of your documents to email@example.com
How to Apply?
There are two options to apply the first one is through common application and the second one is via the University of Dayton’s Application.
To apply, create your account in the University’s portal through apply now button below. The user name and password will be sent to your email address.
Fill out the application form and then upload or send the required documents for assessment.
To learn more, kindly visit the University of Dayton’s official website.
- University of Otago Ph.D. and Professional Doctorate Scholarship in New Zealand
- Inha University 2023 Jungseok International Scholarship
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023