In the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals, we are aimed to prepare the future generation of world leaders for the sustainable development and growth of their own countries. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to progress professionally and academically and fully immerse oneself in Swedish society and culture.
Here is all the information you need to get this scholarship award. I implore you to read carefully so you can understand all the necessary steps you need.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 350
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 27383
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 1 to 2 years
The Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarships for International Professionals are now accepting applications. The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to prepare the next generation of world leaders to support the SDGs of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as the healthy and sustainable growth of their home nations and regions.
In 2023, the Swedish Institute will give out about 350 scholarships for master’s degree programs in Sweden. It offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to advance professionally and academically, become fully immersed in Swedish society and culture, and establish lifelong relationships with both Sweden and other scholarship recipients.
About the Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarships for Global Professionals
Organized by: Swedish Institute (SI)
Degree Level: Master’s
Funded by: Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Scholarship Application Deadline: N/A
The scholarship is supported by the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is designed for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programs. The Swedish Institute releases an annual call for applications for master’s programs starting in the fall semester.
You must be eligible, complete all phases of the application process, and have the necessary documentation on hand in order to finalize your application on time if you want it to be successful.
Eligible Countries for the Scholarships for Global Professionals:
You must be a national of one of the nations who is qualified. You are not required to be a resident of the nation at the time of application, though.
- Myanmar (Burma),
- South Africa,
- Sri Lanka,
- Zambia, and
- SI has decided to suspend the scholarship award for Russian nationals submitting applications for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals as a precaution. For the ensuing selection procedure in 2024–2025, a new evaluation will be conducted.
- You should only select one of your dual citizenships when applying for SI scholarships if both of them are qualified for the program(s). Both applications will be rejected if a candidate applies for more than one SI scholarship under more than one citizenship.
- With one exception, students who are dual citizens of Romania and the EU may still apply for a scholarship, but they must specify which citizenship qualifies for the grant when submitting their applications to SI and university admissions.
- The master’s degree will be given the highest priority for applicants from Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
- The highest priority will be given to applicants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, or Ukraine who select study programmes that place an emphasis on environmental and social sustainability, innovation, responsible management, or sustainable economic growth (listed in alphabetical order, no priority or ranking is implied).
Benefits of the Scholarships for Global Professionals:
- Tuition fees will be fully covered.
- A monthly stipend of SEK 11,000 to support living expenses.
- Accident and health insurance
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) — a platform for professional development and network building while in Sweden.
- The student will become a member of the SI Alumni Network once the scholarship time has been completed. As a member, the student will have access to a one-of-a-kind opportunity for ongoing networking and professional development. Local networks are active worldwide, with over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries actively involved.
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period for Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Cameroon, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tunisia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. This is a one-time payment that does not apply to students who are already in Sweden.
- Travel allowance of SEK 11,000 for the entire study time for Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, the Russian Federation, and Ukraine. This is a 1-time payment that doesn’t apply to students already in Sweden.
Scholarships for Global Professionals won’t cover:
- Grants for family members
- University admission fee
Eligible Master’s Programs for Global Professional Scholarship:
An SI scholarship is available for about 600 master’s programs that will be taught in English beginning in the autumn semester of 2023. You must explain in your scholarship application how and whether your chosen programs link to the top topic areas. The list of master’s programs that are acceptable for the SISGP call for applications for the academic year 2023–2024 coming shortly on SI’s website.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarships for Global Professionals
- You must be a citizen of one of the SI-eligible countries.
- You must have at least 3,000 hours of demonstrated job experience.
- The master’s programs for which you apply must be SI-eligible. Depending on your nation of citizenship, SI prioritizes programs in specific topic areas.
- You must be able to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have completed the University Admissions process, and get admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by January 16, 2023.
- You must have leadership experience in your current or past employment, as well as in your civic commitments.
You are not qualified for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals, despite meeting all the prerequisites given above:
- Prior to the scholarship period (beginning August 2023), have lived in Sweden for a total of at least two years
- Have previously been granted a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s-level studies or research at a Swedish university or university college.
- Students who have previously taken part in the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), SI summer language courses, or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU), may still apply;
- Presently enrolled in a study program at a Swedish university or university college
- Already possess a degree from a Swedish university or university college;
- Possess dual citizenship in nations not included on the DAC list of ODA recipients for the years 2022–2023
- Hold Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship
- Possess a Swedish permanent residence permit; or possess a temporary work- and residence permit based on family ties with a Swedish/EU/EEA citizen who has a right of residence in Sweden.
NOTE: With one exception, students who are dual citizens of Romania and the EU may still apply for scholarships; they must specify which citizenship qualifies for the scholarship when submitting applications to SI and university admissions.
Points to be considered before you apply:
- You are required to cover Swedish university tuition. Check here to see if you have to pay tuition. Your personal information and the status of your tuition fees will be directly sent to SI by University Admissions.
- Have submitted the master’s program application fee to University. All significant dates are listed here.
- Be accepted (or conditionally accepted) on March 30, 2023, into one of the qualifying master’s programs. A scholarship can only be given to you for the master’s program you are accepted to on March 30, 2023. You are not eligible for master’s programs for which you are designated as a reserve.
- In order to prevent your successful admissions from being later removed, it is crucial that you promptly refuse reserve spots if you have been accepted to another school or program with a lower priority.
- Please review and check the information on how to reply to University Admissions.
- You cannot be considered for a SI scholarship if you are simply on the reserve list and not accepted to any of the qualifying master’s programs*.
- Late admissions are not eligible for any scholarships. If you have any inquiries regarding your application, tuition costs, or admission, get in touch with University Admissions immediately.
- CV (max. 3 pages, use SI-template which is coming soon on their official website)
- Letters of Reference (use SI-template which is coming soon on their official website)
- It is necessary to provide two different letters of reference.
- At least one of the letters must be based on professional experience (mandatory).
- Valid and completed proof of leadership and work experience (use SI-template which is coming soon on their official website)
- Copy of valid passport/Nation ID
- Motivation (in the application portal)
How to apply for Swedish Institute SI Scholarships for Global Professionals?
- Apply for up to four qualified master’s programs at universityadmissions.se. It should be noted that the Stockholm School of Economics has its own separate intake and admissions process.
- After submitting your application for the master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will be assigned an eight-digit personal application number. When applying for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, you will need this number. If you enter the wrong number in the online application form, your application will be rejected. Such a number will not be assigned to the Stockholm School of Economics applicants.w
- Submit your receipt for the application fee and the other supporting documentation to University Admissions before the deadline of February 1, 2023. The fee is not refunded.
- You can apply for a SI scholarship after you have finished your application to a master’s program. Digitally submit the relevant documents through the online application platform.
The online application portal for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals will be open.
For more information about Swedish Institute SI Scholarships for Global Professionals, visit SI’s official website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Under-Represented Students in Ireland 1916 Bursary Fund
- The University of Skovde Offers International PhD Student Positions in Informations, Sweden
- The University of Sussex Offers Gazelle Twin Scholarships for Afghani Women in Music Technology