The academic year 2023-2024 presents an excellent opportunity for prospective students, as the Queensland University of Technology is offering the Dalwood-Wylie Foundation Scholarship program.
If you are interested in pursuing an exciting adventure course in Australia and wish to apply for the Dalwood-Wylie Foundation Scholarship, you have come to the right place. This article provides valuable information about the scholarship, so read on to learn more.
Only Australian and New Zealand students intending to pursue an undergraduate degree in the Creative Practice and Communication or Design study areas at the university are eligible for the scholarship program.
The program offers a $5,000 stipend to assist with the transition to university and can be used towards relocation, accommodation, or education expenses.
About Queensland University of Technology
The Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a public research university situated in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, a coastal city with an urban setting. QUT operates on two campuses: Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove, both located in the Brisbane area.
The university was established in 1989 when the Queensland Institute of Technology (QIT) was granted university status under the Queensland University of Technology Act 1988. QUT began operations in January of that year.
As of 2020, QUT had an overall enrollment of 52,672 students, including 39,156 undergraduates, 10,390 postgraduates, and 661 non-award students. The university also had 5,049 full-time equivalents (FTE) staff members, generated total revenue of $1.054 billion, and incurred a total expenditure of $1.028 billion.
QUT was previously a member of the Australian Technology Network of universities but withdrew from participation on September 28, 2018.
QUT offers undergraduate and postgraduate coursework, graduate diplomas and certificates, and higher degree research courses (Masters and PhDs) including, but not limited to the fields listed below: Architecture Business Communication Creative Industries Design Education Health and Community Information Technology Law and
Justice Mathematics Science and Engineering The QUT Business School has triple accreditation (AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB). It is placed in the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
QUT provides various academic programs, including undergraduate and postgraduate coursework, graduate diplomas and certificates, and higher degree research courses (Masters and PhDs) in a wide range of disciplines, such as:
- Creative Industries
- Health and the community.
- Information Technology
- Law and Justice
- Science and Engineering
The QUT Business School is highly acclaimed and has received triple accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB. It ranks among the top 1% of business schools globally.
According to several global university rankings, QUT is among the top universities in Australia, consistently placing within the top 12 universities in the country and the top 1% worldwide. These rankings include Excellence in Research for Australia,
Times Higher Education World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings, and Academic Ranking of World Universities, among others.
In 2013, QUT was recognized by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings as the best university in Australia that is less than 50 years old.
Why should you study at the Queensland University of Technology?
The campuses of the Queensland University of Technology are designed to provide ample learning, teaching, and research spaces that meet the needs of students, academics, and researchers. By choosing the Queensland University of Technology, students can expect to have access to state-of-the-art facilities and top-notch infrastructure.
They will also receive a high-quality education and exposure to the latest technology during their studies. During your studies with us, you will benefit from access to top-notch educators, advanced technology and modern learning environments, and plenty of practical experience working with industry professionals.
These resources will help prepare you for the demands of the real world.
The Queensland University of Technology Scholarship Details
- Name of university: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: All
- Program: Undergraduate
- Scholarship: $5,000
- Mode of application: Online
- Eligible countries: Australia or New Zealand
- Country of award: Australia
Dalwood-Wylie Foundation Scholarship Criteria
- All Australians and New Zealanders are eligible to apply for the scholarship award
- Eligibility Requirements: In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be starting their studies in a Bachelor of Fine Arts – Acting or Drama program.
- Must come from a regional, rural, or remote area as defined by the QUT Adjustment Schemes.
- Applicants who are relocating from outside Queensland will also be considered.
- Must demonstrate a need for financial assistance to pursue their studies at QUT.
Dalwood-Wylie Foundation Scholarship Application Process
- Application Process: To apply for the scholarship, applicants must first submit an application for admission to their desired undergraduate degree program at QUT. Students who complete and submit the Dalwood-Wylie Foundation scholarship application form will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
- To be admitted, applicants must meet the university’s undergraduate degree entry requirements.
- Additionally, they must provide proof of their English language proficiency by submitting scores from one of the following tests: PTE (minimum score of 58), Cambridge English (minimum score of 176), IELTS (minimum score of 6.5), or TOEFL IBT (minimum score of 79).
Documents required for the Dalwood-Wylie Foundation Scholarship
To complete their application, applicants are required to provide a current curriculum vitae (CV) and, if applicable, a copy of their most recent academic transcript to the university.
Benefits of applying for the Dalwood-Wylie Foundation Scholarship
A $5,000 stipend will be provided by the Queensland University of Technology to assist with the costs associated with relocation, accommodation, or education expenses. This will help you during your transition to university.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunities, kindly visit Dalwood-Wylie Foundation’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: