This is a wonderful opportunity for interested candidates from all over the world who have always wished to further their education in Computer Science & Data Science study field. Queen Mary University is offering financial assistance to master’s degree students to study more about Data Science and AI
This blog is filled with all the necessary details that you will be needing to acquire this scholarship award. I encourage you to read to the end to avoid missing some vital information.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS, Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 9
Eligible Region/Countries: Open to all
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Computer Science & Data Science
Opportunity ID: 39049
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Duration: 1 Year
In order to address the scarcity of AI and data specialists in the UK, the government declared in June 2019 that it will promote the creation of degree conversion programs in these fields.
The new conversion courses are intended to address the scarcity of data science and AI professionals in the UK. Increasing the number of individuals from underrepresented groups in AI and data science majors, as well as encouraging graduates from a range of backgrounds to think about jobs in these fields, are two other important goals of this project.
In a similar vein, the UK government’s Office for Students offers financial aid to qualified students from all over the world who wish to attend Queen Mary University of London for their master’s program. You must be a member of at least one underrepresented group to be eligible for these scholarships, which are for underrepresented groups in data science and artificial intelligence.
Additionally, the MSc in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence is a conversion master’s degree created for driven students with an outstanding first degree in a field other than Computer Science who want to gain knowledge and skills to work in the Data Science and Artificial Intelligence industry.
This program is for motivated recent graduates from any discipline who do not have a background in computer science and who wish to enhance their subject knowledge with advanced technical abilities.
Eligible nationalities: All nationals
Type of scholarship: Merit-based
Amount of Scholarship: £ 10,000
Level of funding: Partial
No. of Awards: 9
Part of: Computer and data science
Duration: 1 year
Starting in: N/A
Location: Mile End, London
Course of study: MSc in Data Science with AI conversion. Students who have accepted study offers for other programs will not be considered for this scholarship.
Benefits of the Data Science and AI Scholarships
- If you’re a motivated graduate of any discipline who doesn’t have a background in computer science and wants to supplement your subject knowledge with specialized technical skills, this program is for you.
- You will get a comprehensive introduction to programming and statistics with two weeks of intensive instruction at the program’s start.
- The Institute of Coding brought together a collaborative partnership of universities and industry partners to develop this program through which you flourish and develop your career plans.
- You can benefit from the allocated partial scholarship to alleviate the exorbitant costs of attending a degree in London.
Eligibility Criteria for Data Science and AI Scholarships
You must belong to at least one of the under-represented groups listed below to be eligible. All applications will be reviewed, prioritizing those in groups 1, 2, and 3. Students from the United Kingdom will be given preference, but not exclusively.
- Female Students
- Black students
- Registered disabled students
- Students from POLAR Q1 and Q2 (UK students only)
- Refugees (residents in the UK)
- Care experienced students (residents in the UK)
- A “Care Experience Student” is a student who has been or is currently in care or comes from a looked-after family, at any stage of their life, no matter how brief, including adopted children who were previously looked after. This care could have been provided in various settings, including residential care, foster care, kinship care, or being looked after at home with supervision.
- According to the UK Office for Students, “estranged students” are students aged 18 to 24 who do not communicate with either of their parents. As a result, these students lack the support of their extended family. They may be estranged before entering higher education, but they may also be at risk of becoming estranged during their studies.
Required Documents for Data Science and AI Scholarships
- Completed application form
- Updated CV
- Queen Mary’s offer of study letter
How do I apply?
- To take advantage of this opportunity, You must have already applied for the MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence conversion program through the use now button below.
- If you have an offer for another program, such as MSc AI or Big Data Science, please do not apply because your application will be rejected.
- To apply for the scholarship, you will need a Queen Mary University of London student ID number (which you will receive as part of the application process).
- The application form can be accessed here: Application form
- Before the deadline, send your supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, You can apply for Similar Opportunities:
- Refugees in Pakistan UNHCR and DAFI Scholarship
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
- The University of Toronto offers admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session