Candidates who are interested in pursuing their Master’s degree program are invited to 2023 fully funded GEM Scholarship Program for Master’s degrees. Candidates from EU and Non-EU countries are also eligible for this offer.
Keep reading this blog post to get all the necessary details about this opportunity.
Language Requirement: IELTS
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: All EU and Non-EU countries including Afghanistan
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modelling and Management
Opportunity ID: 40593
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 24 months
The Erasmus+ MSc Scholarship Program awards a fully funded scholarship to students who apply to the Erasmus+ GEM Master’s degree program Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modelling and Management and have an outstanding academic record.
There are four tracks to choose from, each of which combines academic brilliance in geospatial science applied to social concerns for a sustainable future from the four universities:
- Track 1 – GEM for Urban-Rural Interactions
- Track 2 – GEM for Land Use Systems
- Track 3 – GEM for Ecosystems & Natural Resources
- Track 4 – GEM4 Food Security
- Offered by: University of Twente
- Deadline: 15th March 2023
- Results announcements: 1st May 2023
- Program start date: September 2023
- Eligible countries: EU and non-EU countries including Afghanistan
- Duration Of Scholarship: 24 months
- Level: Master’s degree
Benefits of the GEM Scholarship Program for Master’s
- Fees for travel and installation (varies based on the student’s home country) will be provided.
- Monthly living expenses (which may vary based on the student’s country of residence) will be provided.
- Tuition fees are fully covered.
Travel and Installation Costs
- Travel allocation of EUR 1000 per year will be paid to students accepted as scholarship holders.
- EUR 1000 is to be paid just once (not yearly) when the student enrolls in the first HEI. This is a financial incentive to assist students with visa costs, housing, and any other expenses. (Those who have resided 4000km away from the Netherlands)
- Travel allocation of EUR 2000 is going to be paid for students who reside 4000 Kilometers away from the Netherlands.
- EUR 1000 is to be paid once (not yearly) when the student enrolls in the first HEI. This is an incentive to assist students with visa charges, housing, and any other expenses. ( Those who reside 4000+ KM away from the Netherlands).
- Travel allocation of EUR 3000 per year ( For those residing 4000+ km away from the Netherlands).
- EUR 1000 each month for a maximum period of 24 months.
- When a student studies in his or her own country, the stipend allowance is not paid.When a student studies in another partner nation for more than three months, the monthly stipend is suspended until the student returns to the program country.
- 15 March 2022
- 15 March 2023
- 15 March 2024
Eligibility Criteria for GEM Scholarship Program for Master’s
The Erasmus+ GEM MSc Scholarship Program is open to excellent candidates applying to the ITC Master’s degree program “Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modeling and Management.”
Other Requirements for the GEM Scholarship Program for Master’s
- Upper second class (2.1) BSc honors degree or equivalent from a recognized institution in a discipline linked to the program, preferably combined with relevant work experience.
- IELTS 6.5 in English.
- Relevant experience for the selected major of studies at the University of Twente.
- Having not previously received an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- Ineligible for study grants and loans under the Dutch system.
How does the selection procedure work?
- The selected applicants will be offered a scholarship offer and must accept it as confirmation in order to get the scholarship benefit.
- Following the final decision made after the application deadline, the committee will contact the chosen awardee before the first of May of each academic year.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will be contacted promptly by the selection committee, even if the application has not yet closed.
- The committee will assess all application forms received before the scholarship application deadline.
How to apply?
The application for the current 2022 year is closed and for the upcoming academic year, 2023 the applications are yet to be opened soon.
To learn more, kindly refer to the University of Twente’s official website.
If you know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity do not hesitate to share.
Opportunities you might be eligible for:
- The University of Twente 2023 Master’s Degree Scholarship – The Netherlands
- 2023 ADB-JSP Scholarships for ADB Member Countries
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial 2023 Scholarship for Doctoral Candidates at the University of Alberta