Murdoch University is currently accepting scholarships from Asylum Seekers and Refugees of all nationalities currently residing in Australia. These scholarship Asylum Seekers are open for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees candidates.
If you are an interested candidate, please I advise you to read the article to the end and follow all the necessary instructions provided on this page. This post has all the required information you need to get this scholarship.
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master
Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all nationalities currently residing in Australia
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 14983
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Duration: 3 to 4 years
The Murdoch University Asylum Seekers and Refugees Scholarship offer financial support to foreign students with refugee or asylum seeker backgrounds who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs at Murdoch University.
About Murdoch University
Murdoch University is a research-intensive institution and a member of Innovative Research Universities Australia (IRU Australia). The Theology program at Murdoch was, until its controversial closure in 2021, the most integrated of any Australian University and included a full complement of staff working on-site.
The university has dropped in international university league tables, notably the ‘World’s Top 100 universities under 50’, having entered at 57th in 2013 and dropped to 68th position in 2017. However, the 2018 Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS) identified that Murdoch University graduates had the highest employability level of all Australian universities after three years of graduating, at 96.7%.
In the most recent 2019 Student Experience Survey, Murdoch University received an overall student satisfaction rating of 79.8 and a teaching quality rating of 82.3, comparable to most other universities in Western Australia, as well as receiving the second-highest rating for student support of all public universities in Western Australia.
Important Details About Murdoch University Scholarship for Asylum Seekers
Host Organization: Murdoch University
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Degree: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Program Duration: 3 or 4 years
Language Required: English
Fields of Study:
- Creative Arts and Communication
- Social and Cultural Studies
- Law and Criminology
Benefits of Murdoch University Scholarship for Asylum Seekers
- Full tuition fees coverage
- Annual Living Stipend – Payment will be made in three installments: $5,000 per year ($2,500 each semester) for the duration of the successful applicant’s degree.
- Fee waiver for Student Amenities.
- The lucky winner will also receive a Murdoch laptop.
Applicants should meet the following requirements to apply for the Scholarship for Asylum Seekers and Refugees at Murdoch University:
- Be a resident of Australia
- A person seeking refugee status
- Hold a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa or Temporary Protection Visa or be in the process of obtaining one of these visas.
- At the time of application, an applicant must be eligible for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
- Be planning to enroll and begin studies at Murdoch University in the first semester of 2023.
Applicants should prepare and submit the below documents:
- Application Form
- Copy of your visa or evidence you have applied for a protection visa/SHEV/TPV
- Personal statement (no more than one A4 page) that includes:
- What are your past work and study experience – official (school or TAFE) or informal (voluntary employment, learning with volunteer organizations)?
- What are your motivations for studying this specific course, and how does it connect to your future career?
- What financial or other obstacles does this scholarship help you overcome?
- Recommendation letter from a secondary or higher school or community leader who are not the applicant’s family member.
- Referee Statements
How to Apply?
The University accepts applications by email before the closing date. Please submit the online application form and all required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Asylum Seekers and Refugees Scholarship, please visit the Murdoch University Website.
Check More Scholarships:
- ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Program (ESOP) in Switzerland
- Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security 2023 by International Joint MSc Programme
- Vital Voices Global Partnership offers Fully-Funded International Fellowships to Advance Women’s Public Leadership and SDGS in the USA