McGill University is extending an invitation to international students who desire to pursue their education in Canada.
These students are invited to participate and have the opportunity to win the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships for the academic year 2023-2024.
This is an incredible chance to seize! I will walk you through the process of applying for the scholarship and provide you with further insight into its perks. To gain more knowledge, simply continue reading.
The Fellowship Award aims to support promising international students who wish to pursue their graduate and postdoctoral studies at McGill University in Canada. Recipients of the award will be granted a maximum of $35,000 per year, which can be renewed twice. In addition, international students will also receive a Differential Fee Waiver (DFW).
About McGill University
McGill University, situated in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a public research university that conducts its academic programs in the English language. Its establishment dates back to 1821 when it received a royal charter from King George IV.
McGill University boasts a wide range of degree and diploma programs, spanning over 300 fields of study. It also holds the distinction of having the highest average entering grades of any university in Canada.
The majority of students at McGill are enrolled in its six largest faculties, which are Arts, Science, Medicine, Education, Engineering, and Management.
What sets McGill apart is its status as the most internationally diverse medical-doctoral research university in Canada, with students from over 150 countries comprising over 30% of its student body. In addition, more than 41% of the student population was born outside of Canada.
As a highly-regarded institution, McGill is consistently ranked among the top universities worldwide by leading educational publications. It has also secured the top spot in the annual Maclean’s Canadian university rankings for the past 18 years.
According to Maclean’s Canadian University Rankings 2023, McGill is the number one medical-doctoral university in Canada. McGill has maintained its top spot in the rankings for 18 consecutive years. In The Globe and Mail’s Canadian University Report 2019, McGill was classified as “above average” in financial aid, student experience, and research, while its library resources were considered “average.”
McGill University is renowned as one of the top higher learning institutions in Canada, widely recognized for the quality of its research and teaching programs. As a general research university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, it has achieved global recognition, ranking 54th on the Best Global Universities list.
Why should you choose McGill University as your place of study?
McGill University is one of Canada’s oldest and most prestigious universities, with a history that dates back to 1821. Located in Montreal, Quebec, McGill is known for its world-class research, teaching, and innovation in fields ranging from medicine and law to engineering and the humanities.
As you mentioned, McGill has a highly diverse student body, with students coming from over 150 countries around the world. This diversity is reflected not only in the backgrounds of the students themselves, but also in the wide range of cultural activities, student clubs, and events that take place on campus.
McGill is consistently ranked among the top universities in Canada and the world and is recognized for excellence in a number of fields. It has a strong commitment to research, with many of its faculty members being leading experts in their respective fields.
Additionally, McGill has a long tradition of producing leaders in government, business, and the arts. This makes it a top choice for students who are looking to make an impact in their chosen fields.
McGill University has a reputation for attracting the most talented students from all over Canada, the United States, and beyond, in addition to boasting exceptional faculty. Our teaching and research programs are widely acknowledged for their excellence, and our students hold the highest average entering grades in Canada.
Our unwavering dedication to fostering excellence has led to our students consistently winning more national and international awards than their peers at other Canadian universities. Notably, 145 McGill students have been awarded the esteemed Rhodes Scholarship, a testament to our commitment to developing outstanding individuals.
Scholarship Details: McGill University
- Name of university: Mc Gill University
- Department: No information was given
- Program: Graduate and Postdoctoral
- Scholarship: Tuition fee and other benefits.
- Mode of application: Online
- Deadline for submission: 25th May 2023.
Scholarship Eligibility: McGill University
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities and is applicable to graduate and postdoctoral degree programs in any subject offered by the university.
- To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- They must be incoming doctoral students at McGill University with a start date of fall 2023. Those who are currently enrolled at McGill, or whose latest degree was completed or in progress at McGill, are not eligible.
- However, former McGill students who have completed a graduate degree elsewhere may apply, as well as visiting McGill students who meet the requirements for a degree from another university.
- In addition, applicants must have a first-class academic record, with a GPA of 3.7 (or 3.5 in Law) in the last two years of full-time study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels as determined by McGill University.
Application requirements for a scholarship at McGill University
- To apply, prospective students should first submit their admission application to McGill University through the university’s online portal. Once this step is completed, they should proceed to fill out the online scholarship application form.
- To be eligible for admission, candidates must have a first-class academic record. McGill University defines a first-class GPA as 3.7 (or 3.5 in Law) achieved during the last two (2) years of full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study.
- Additionally, students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting scores from one of the following language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – a minimum score of 60
- IELTS – a minimum overall score of 6.5.
Documents required for a scholarship at McGill University
To complete your application, please include the following documents:
- The Application Form
- Two letters of reference Please ask two external referees to send letters directly to the academic unit commenting on the applicant’s academic/research accomplishments and potential.
- A statement from the proposed supervisor which should include comments on:
- How does the applicant’s proposed project align with the supervisor’s research program?
- The sources of funding available for the research program
- The availability of resources, including space, facilities, equipment, and access to the required expertise
- All official transcripts or certified copies of university-level studies (both graduate and undergraduate).
- Admissions letter and a funding letter.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at McGill University
The benefits that the winners will receive from McGill University include a maximum of $35,000 per year, which can be renewed twice. In addition, international students will be granted a Differential Fee Waiver (DFW) and charged the rates by the Quebecian government.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit McGill University’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: