The Master of Medicine (MMed) Fellowship Program is being launched by Mbarara University of Science & Technology to provide support for MMed candidates during the academic year 2023-2024.
The university is delighted to make this postgraduate fellowship initiative announcement.
Are you interested in pursuing your studies at Mbarara University of Science & Technology in Uganda? If so, you’ll be thrilled to learn about the exciting opportunity offered by the university: a fully funded scholarship program.
In this blog post, I will provide you with valuable information about the program, its benefits, and how you can apply. Keep reading to learn more.
The fellowship opportunity is a collaborative effort between the Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). It is exclusively available to Ugandan nationals who are enrolled in an MMed program at MUST.
Aspiring fellows may receive financial support to cover their tuition fees and other academic expenses.
About Mbarara University of Science & Technology
Mbarara University, also known as MUST, is a public university located in Uganda. The institution began accepting students and offering instruction in 1989 and is one of ten public universities and degree-granting institutions in the country. MUST have received accreditation from the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Being one of the ten public universities and degree-granting institutions in the country, the university aims to become a hub of academic and professional excellence in the field of science and technology.
Why should you study at Mbarara University of Science & Technology?
The university’s mission is to offer education of high quality and relevance at both national and international levels. This is with a special focus on science and technology and its practical applications to promote community development.
The university’s vision is to become a centre of academic and professional excellence in the field of science and technology.
The university’s vast scientific library is available to students, aiding them in their research endeavours. In addition, MUST’s international exchange programs provide students with the opportunity to interact with individuals from various nations and cultures, allowing them to broaden their perspectives.
Mbarara University strives to offer education of high quality and relevance at both national and international levels. This is with a particular focus on science and technology, and how it can be applied to facilitate community development.
Mbarara University of Science & Technology Scholarship Details
- Name of university: Mbarara University of Science & Technology
- Department: No information was given
- Program: Master
- Scholarship: tuition fee
- Number of awards: No awards were given
- Mode of application: Offline
- Deadline for submission: 31st March 2023
- Eligible countries: Uganda
- Country of award: Uganad
Eligibility Criteria for Mbarara University Scholarship
- All students who are citizens of Uganda are eligible to apply.
- The Master of Medicine (MMed) program offered at Mbarara University of Science and Technology is the only course available for application.
- To be considered eligible, applicants must satisfy the following criteria: they must be enrolled in the MMED program at MUST and they must be Ugandan citizens.
Application Requirements for Mbarara University Scholarship
- To apply for admission, students can visit the university portal. However, for scholarship applications, they must submit their application to the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
- In order to gain admission, students must fulfil the entry requirements for the Master of Medicine programme they wish to pursue at the university.
- Additionally, they must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by providing evidence of satisfactory completion of an English language training course from a recognized institution.
Documents required for Mbarara University Scholarship
- As part of the application process, students must provide the following documents to the university:
- Certified copies of their bachelor’s degree transcripts
- A copy of the admission letter from Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- A one-page resume
- A one-page letter of interest or a motivational letter
- Two letters of support from former academic institutions, such as lecturers, or employers.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at Mbarara University
Mbarara University of Science and Technology usually awards fellowships which provide students with the financial support they need to pursue an applied program.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the Mbarara University of Science & Technology’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: