The Kubota Fund Scholarship Grant is open to self-financed students from developing countries. This is a grant award aimed at assisting students, trainees, and researchers from developing countries including Afghanistan who are pursuing academic degrees, training, or research in Japan.
Here in this Blog is some detailed information to guide you in acquiring this grant. Please ensure to read to the end of this post to get all the necessary information.
Language Requirement; Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master
Number of Opportunity: 12
Eligible Region/Countries: Developing countries
Medium of Instruction: English, Japanese
Opportunity ID: 20724
Duration: 1 year
The Kubota Fund invites applications for grants on the following criteria for the academic year 2023 (from April 2023 to March 2024). The funds will be given to students, trainees, and researchers from underdeveloped countries who are pursuing academic degrees, training, or research at Japanese educational institutions or commercial organizations.
About Kubota Fund
The development of social and economic infrastructure in developing countries is progressing rapidly with the support of both economic and technical assistance from developed countries.
While assistance from developed countries should be continued in the future, it is necessary to gradually entrust the development of economic infrastructure and the maintenance of stability to the hands of developing countries themselves. In other words, independence and self-help are the most important things.
Based on this philosophy, the Yutaka Kubota Fund was entrusted by the late Yutaka Kubota, the founder of Nippon Koei Co., Ltd., with the aim of contributing to the promotion and development of industrial technology through the training of engineers in developing countries.
It is a privately funded charitable trust fund established in 1984. Since its establishment, the fund has provided grants to many trainees and researchers who have come to Japan from around the world.
Brief Details The Kubota Fund Scholarship Grants
Application Deadline: N/A
Organized by: The Kubota Fund
Host Country: Japan
Eligible Nations: Developing Countries (Afghanistan included)
- Energy Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Development Economics
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agronomic/Agricultural Engineering
The number of Grantees and Duration for the Kubota Fund Scholarship Grant:
- This year, 12 grant recipients, including those who will get renewable funds, will be chosen.
- The period of each award is one year (from April 2023 to March 2024).
- For the renewal of a second one-year award, qualifications will be needed.
- There will be no automatic renewal of the financing. For the next academic year, you must reapply to the Fund in order to maintain your grantee status.
- Every month, between 80,000 and 100,000 YEN
Eligibility Criteria for the Kubota Fund Scholarship Grant:
- The applicant must be a citizen of a developing country or have been born and reared in one with a GDP per capita of less than US$7,000 annually.
- Formal registration with a Japanese research/educational institution or corporate firm is required of the applicant.
- The applicant must be working on a research project or seeking a degree in an academic field related to engineering development (or will have to be).
- The candidate should be recommended by a permanent or qualified employee of the organization to which they belong, such as their academic or management supervisor, who is in a position to properly assess the applicant’s qualifications, accomplishments, and potential (s).
Required Documents for Kubota Fund Scholarship Grant:
- Filled Application Form
- Letter of recommendation (use this format)
- Copy of Admission Letter
- Transcript from a college/university/graduate school’s Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program.
How to apply for Kubota Fund Scholarship Grants for self-financed students?
There are 2 ways to apply for Kubota Fund.
- By Email: Submit the required documents to the email address below.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Postal Mail: Send the required documents to the mailing address below.
The Secretarial Office for the Managing Committee of The Kubota Fund
c/o Corporate Management Headquarters, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd.
5-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo, Japan 102-8539
For more information about the Kubota Fund for Self-Financed Students of Developing Countries in Japan, refer to Kubota Fund’s official website.
- University of Newcastle Australia’s 100 South Asia Excellence Scholarship
- Henley Business School offers the Dunning Scholarship Denmark (DSD) Grant Program
- Queen’s University Belfast Awards Early Confirmation for Students from South East Asia, UK