If you have ever wished to further your post-graduate degree in Korea, this is a great opportunity to do so. Korea Foundation scholarship is offering financial assistance to graduate studies students in Korea.
To get more detailed information concerning this opportunity, please ensure you read this blog post to the end.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Master, PhD
Number of Opportunity: 10
Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all except Korean citizens
Opportunity ID: 26350
Duration: 1 year
Applications are now being accepted for the Korea Foundation Scholarships for Graduate Study in North America. The Korea Foundation Scholarships for Graduate Studies (GS) program aims to foster a new generation of Korean studies academics by providing financial support to students already enrolled in an MA or Ph.D. degree in Korean studies.
About Korea Foundation Scholarship
Organized by: Korea Foundation (KF)
Application Deadline: N/A
Result Notification: N/A
Grant Period: 1 year
Korea Foundation Scholarship Value:
USD $25,000 per year
Who is eligible for Korea Foundation Scholarships for Graduate Studies?
- MA or Ph.D. students currently enrolled in graduate programs in the humanities, social sciences, arts, or cultural studies (except Natural sciences, medicine, engineering, MBA, law school, and graduate school of translation and interpretation) at a university in North America and who do not already hold a doctorate on a Korea-related topic.
- Has permanent residency or citizenship in a country other than Korea
- MA students can receive up to two years of financing from the GS program. Ph.D. candidates can get up to three years of financing from the GS program.
- Applicants must be citizens of the nation where the university they are enrolled in is located.
- Applicants who are fluent in Korean and can use Korean primary sources for their research and study are invited to apply.
- Scholarship winners cannot hold more than one scholarship from the Foundation or a third-party organization.
- Scholarship awardees must enroll in the program for which they applied during the semester specified on the application. It is not possible to defer enrollment to the next year.
- Korean nationals should email proof of their foreign citizenship or permanent residency to the KF program officer in charge of the program after receiving the acceptance notice.
Required Documents for Korea Foundation Scholarship:
- Research Proposal (max. 3 pages)
- Download and complete the Foundation’s Research Proposal form (attached), then submit it to the Online Application System. Also, include a separate bibliography.
- Applicants applying for a second or third scholarship period should include a summary of their prior scholarship period’s accomplishments as well as a thesis abstract.
- Academic transcript of an undergraduate degree at master’s level (Applicants applying for a second scholarship period just need to provide the prior scholarship period’s academic transcripts.)
- Master’s and undergraduate transcripts are required at the doctoral level. (Applicants for a second/third scholarship period are only required to submit academic transcripts for Doctoral courses.)
- Information about the educational experience (including thesis title), work experience, and previous scholarships and grants, as well as a list of research successes and publications.
- 3 Reference letters
- One reference from the dissertation supervisor
- One reference from a professor with the expertise to evaluate your research proposal
- One reference from a person who can vouch for your Korean language proficiency
NOTE: Before finishing the application procedure, applicants should contact their referees. The referees listed in the application will receive an email from the KF Online Application System. The referee will be asked to draft a letter of recommendation and upload it to the KF Online Application System in the email.
2. Only one reference from the dissertation supervisor is necessary for applicants applying for a second/third Scholarship period.
Scholarship Recipients’ Responsibilities:
- Submission of a report: Scholarship winners must submit a report documenting their progress during the scholarship time within one month of the end of the scholarship period. The report must be written and filed using the report form provided by the KF.
- Additional reporting requirements: Scholarship recipients must send a copy of their MA thesis or Ph.D. dissertation to the Foundation after receiving their degree.
NOTE: Following the completion of the fellowship period, the Korea Foundation will conduct an annual review of research progress for the next three years. Fellows who fail to fulfill their commitments will be ineligible for future Korea Foundation sponsorship.
How to apply for Korea Foundation Scholarship for Graduate Studies?
To access the online application portal, you must first create an account or log in to Korea Foundation.
All essential documentation must be submitted in Korean or English, including the application form.
Learn more about KF Scholarship for Graduate Studies on its official announcement
You may also be interested in these opportunities:
- Imperial College Business School Dean’s Impact master degree Scholarship for international students
- Knight Hennessy 80-100 Fully Funded Scholarships at Stanford University in United States
- UMY University Fully Funded Scholarships in Indonesia