The 2023 Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) International Undergraduate Scholarship in Korea is accepting scholarship applications from students in any part of the world. This is a partially funded scholarship that is targeted at training top scientists and engineers who will be committed to Korea’s economic development.
Here in this blog is some detailed information on how to acquire the scholarship award.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, Other
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries; All countries
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study; Science and Technology
Opportunity ID: 58477
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Duration: 8 Semesters
The first top science and technology university in Korea is the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). This university was founded in 1971 by the government of Korea. This university was established with the intention of training top scientists and engineers who are committed to Korea’s economic development.
For the spring and autumn semesters of the school year 2023, KAIST has offered undergraduate foreign scholarships. The scholarship is open to international applicants from all over the world.
International students will be accommodated in about seventeen departments and divisions, including the College of Natural Sciences, College of Life Science and Bio-engineering, College of Engineering, College of Business, School of Trans-disciplinary Studies, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, School of Electrical Engineering, and School of Computing.
Applicants who apply for this undergraduate scholarship should note that KAIST holds a no-declared major system. At KAIST, there are no prerequisites or admissions procedures, thus students can choose their major in the second year. The lack of a transfer system at this university should also be kept in mind.
- 21 October 2022 early cycle,
- 13 January 2023 regular cycle,
- 26 May 2023 late cycle
Locations: South Korea
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Number of Positions: N/A
Eligible Countries: All
Duration: 8 Semesters
- TOEFL iBT 83,
- TEPS (NEW) 326,
- IELTS 6.5,
- TOEIC Listening and
- Reading 720 or higher
Fields of Study:
- Mathematical science
- Biological science
- Brain and cognitive sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computer science
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Bio and brain engineering
- Industrial design
- Industrial and system engineering
- Chemical and bio-molecular engineering
- Materials science and engineering
- Nuclear and quantum engineering
- Business and technology management
Benefits of KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarship
Applicants who complete their course of study will receive an undergraduate degree. This scholarship is towards the full tuition fee for 8 semesters,
- A monthly stipend with a total monthly 350,000 KRW and health insurance.
- However, dorm fee and meals are not included in KAIST Scholarship.
Eligibility Requirements for KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarship
There are several eligibility criteria for this undergraduate scholarship, and international applicants should meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicants should submit their applications by the mentioned deadlines
- The scholarship is only offered to admitted students
- Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after they finished their freshman year
- For spring semester 2023 in the early cycle, you must have graduated or will graduate from high school by 28 February 2023
- For fall 2023, no matter in the early, regular, or late cycle, you must have graduated or will graduate from high school by 31 August 2023
- International students must additionally fulfill one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents be a citizen of Korea
- Applicants of Korean origin must have received their entire elementary, junior, high, and high school education outside of Korea
- Applicants with dual and single Korean citizenship are NOT eligible to apply as international students
- Applicants who are graduated from their school in Korea or will graduate can apply for this scholarship
Required Documents for KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarship
The documents required for this scholarship are as follows:
- Application form
- One English recommendation letter to be written by an academic advisor, homeroom, teacher, or a math/science teacher
- High school or university transcript
- Copy of passport or national ID
- Statement of financial resources
- Certificate of Facts Concerning Entry and Exit issued by the Korean Immigration Office (Korean Citizens only)
- Loss of Korean Nationality (Korean Citizens only)
- Honors and awards (optional)
- High school profile (optional but recommended)
- Standardized official language test score report (optional)
Foreign citizens applicants who have completed or will complete their high school in Korea should submit the following documents on time:
- Application form
- One recommendation letter
- High school or university official transcript
- English proficiency test score report (optional)
- Statement of financial resource
- Honors and awards
- High school profile (highly recommended)
- Standardized official test score report SAT/AP/IB/GCE-A/Korean Scholastic Ability Test
The application fee for this scholarship is 80 USD or 80,000 KRW. Note that this amount is not refundable and has no waiver. You can only access the Document Submission page by paying your application fee. Remember that you should settle any additional charges as an applicant. You can pay the amount in one of the following ways:
- Foreign or domestic credit card payment
- Domestic bank transfer
- International bank transfer
How to Apply
Applicants who apply for this scholarship must submit an online application through the KAIST application platform. After visiting the official website of the scholarship, create your account. Once you have made your account, start filling out the online application form completely, and finally, SAVE your application.
PLEASE NOTE that you provide accurate and correct information while filling out your application form. Once you have paid your application fee, you cannot delete or cancel your application.
Selection Process and Application Period
The selection committee of KAIST evaluates the following factors for determining admission:
- Applicants’ academic achievement, especially in math and science
- Potential and interpersonal skills
- Personal accomplishments
- Integrity and leadership
The selection process for KAIST Undergraduate scholarship is as follows:
- Document review: Applications are initially screened based on the application documents
- Interview (optional): In the first step, successful applicants will proceed to an interview. They will receive a notification email about their interview details.
- All applications are reviewed thoroughly and equally during the admission process. There is no separate process for applying for this scholarship. If an applicant gets admission, he/she will be automatically considered for KAIST scholarship. But applicants should remember to check KAIST scholarship on the Statement of Financial Resources on the online application for admission.
For inquiries, please contact the KAIST Admission Office by contact: +82-42-350-4803, fax: +82-42-350-2420, or email: email@example.com.
Find More Similar Opportunities:
- Ek Brown of Monaltrie Animal Sanctuary Trust Bursary at University of Pretoria, South African
- Massey University International PhD Scholarships in Digital Modelling of Apple in New Zealand
- 2023 International Scholars Program by University of British Columbia