Postgraduate students looking forward to furthering their academics in either master’s or doctorate degree levels in Germany can apply to this 2023 KAAD Scholarship. It is completely funded and is open to all eligible candidates from any part of the world.
This blog post is going to give you a detailed guidelines on how you can apply for and acquire this scholarship. Please ensure you read to the end and follow all the detailed instructions.
2023 KAAD Scholarship for International Students in Germany:
Germany is accepting applications for the KAAD Scholarship 2023–24. Eastern European Scholarships in Germany are open to all international students from around the world. KAAD Eastern Europe is a fully funded scholarship available to students from Germany who wish to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree. The scholarship is available for the 2023–2024 school year.
Young scholars from underdeveloped nations have a special chance to pursue postgraduate studies in Germany through the KAAD scholarship program. The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is offering the scholarship with the goal of assisting brilliant students who are dedicated to having positive impacts in their home countries.
With a strong emphasis on academic excellence and personal development, the KAAD scholarship offers a comprehensive package that includes tuition fees, living expenses, language courses, and other support services.
Scholarship Opportunity Details:
KAAD Scholarship 2023-24 Details:
Host University: German Universities
Degree Level: Masters, PhD
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Eligible Nationality: Developing Countries
Award Country: Germany
Deadline: 30 June 2023
Financial Benefits of the KAAD Scholarship:
KAAD Scholarship 2023-24 in Germany is a Fully funded Scholarship for students to undertake Postgraduate Degree Programs from Germany. The details of the covered expenses are given below:
- Covers tuition fees for the entire duration of the postgraduate program.
- Provides a monthly living allowance adjusted based on the cost of living.
- Includes a travel allowance to cover transportation to and from Germany.
- Offers a German language course before the start of the program.
- Provides health insurance coverage.
- Offers opportunities to participate in academic and cultural events.
KAAD Scholarships and Eligibility Criteria:
KAAD offers three types of scholarships to International Students.
Scholarship Programme 1:
- Be a citizen of a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America, and currently reside there.
- Have a university degree and professional experience in their home country.
- Plan to pursue a Master’s degree, Ph.D., or other postgraduate studies, or plan a post-doc or a research stay (2-6 months for academics) at a German university.
- Be of Catholic denomination or generally belong to a Christian denomination, particularly if they are from the Near and Middle East. Applicants of other religions may be considered if they are proposed by Catholic partners and willing to engage in interreligious dialogue.
- Have proficiency in the German language prior to entry. KAAD may provide a German language course of up to six months in Germany for eligible candidates.
Scholarship Programme 2:
- Must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America.
- Must be currently studying in Germany and have at least 10 months of study remaining.
- Must plan to pursue a Master’s degree (application possible in the final semesters of the Bachelor’s degree), a Diplom or Magister degree (application at the earliest after the intermediate examination or Vordiplom), or a Ph.D. at a German higher education institution.
- Must be of Catholic denomination or belong to a Christian denomination, particularly if they are from the Near and Middle East. Applicants from another religion can be supported if they are proposed by Catholic partners and willing to engage in interreligious dialogue.
- Must have knowledge of the German language at least at a communication level.
Eastern Europe Programme:
- Applicants from Central, Eastern, and South-Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and the Caucasus are eligible.
- Applicants must be of Catholic denomination (in exceptional cases, applicants of another Christian denomination may be considered if they are proposed by Catholic partners).
- The applicant’s home country is not a deciding factor for eligibility, as long as they meet the other criteria.
Documents Required for KAAD Eastern Europe Scholarships:
These are the documents required while applying online for KAAD Scholarship in Germany:
- A valid passport copy.
- Complete academic transcripts.
- Complete degree certificates.
- A motivation letter.
- A letter of intent.
- A resume/CV specifically for scholarship application.
- A plan of study.
- A cover letter.
- Recommendation letters.
- A statement of purpose (SoP).
The last date to apply for KAAD Scholarship 2023-24 in Germany for International Students is 30th June 2023.
How to Apply for KAAD Scholarship?
There is an Online Application System to apply for KAAD Scholarship 2023-24 in Germany. Follow the given below steps to apply.
- Check if you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Choose a program of study in Germany that you wish to pursue.
- Submit an online application on the KAAD website.
- Upload all the required application documents listed above.
- If shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
- If selected, you will receive a scholarship offer and further instructions on how to proceed with the visa application process.
For more information, visit KAAD 2023 scholarship official website
Frequently Asked Questions?
- What is KAAD scholarship? KAAD scholarship is a scholarship program that provides financial assistance to students from developing and emerging countries to pursue postgraduate studies in Germany.
- Who is eligible for this scholarship? Applicants must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America. They should have a university degree and professional experience in their home country and should plan to pursue a Master’s degree, a Ph.D., or other postgraduate studies at a German university. Additionally, they should be of Catholic denomination (or generally belong to a Christian denomination), and have knowledge of the German language.
- How do I apply for KAAD scholarship? You can apply for KAAD Eastern Europe Scholarships by submitting an online application on the KAAD website. You will need to upload all the required application documents, including academic transcripts, degree certificates, a plan of study, recommendation letters, a motivation letter, a statement of purpose, and a resume/CV.
- What are the deadlines for applying for the scholarship? The deadlines for applying to KAAD scholarship vary depending on the scholarship program and your country of origin. It’s recommended that you check the KAAD website or contact their offices for more information on the application deadlines.
- How much financial assistance does the scholarship provide? The financial assistance provided by KAAD scholarship varies depending on the scholarship program and the applicant’s financial needs. In general, the scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel expenses.
- What are the selection criteria for KAAD scholarship? The selection criteria for KAAD scholarship include academic excellence, professional experience, motivation, and the applicant’s potential to contribute to the development of their home country.
- Can I apply for the scholarship if I am not Catholic? Applicants from other religions can be supported if they are proposed by Catholic partners in view of a documentable willingness to engage in interreligious dialogue.
- Can I apply for KAAD scholarship if I am already studying in Germany? Yes, you can apply for the scholarship if you are already studying in Germany and have at least 10 months of study remaining.
- How long does it take to process the KAAD scholarship application? The processing time for KAAD scholarship application varies depending on the scholarship program and the number of applications received. It’s recommended that you check the KAAD website or contact their offices for more information on the processing time.
Check, other scholarship opportunities:
- TDTU International Graduate Scholarship 2023-24 in Vietnam
- Central South University Scholarship in China for International Students for the 2023-24 Academic Session
- Qatar University Bachelors Scholarships for International Students