This is a fully funded scholarship opportunity open to all interested candidates across the globe. SIIT Scholarship Program is aimed to support international candidates studying in Thailand to pursue their postgraduate degrees.
More in-depth details concerning this scholarship application are all in this blog post, to avoid missing some necessary information, please read to the end.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Master, PhD
Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 28951
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 2 to 3 years
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT) is currently accepting applications for its graduate scholarship program. For overseas students with exceptional academic and extracurricular achievements, SIIT Scholarship in Thailand is a fully financed scholarship. Open to overseas students pursuing master’s and doctoral degrees, this SIIT graduate fellowship program.
About SIIT Scholarship Program
Host University: Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT)
Study Level: Master’s and PhD
Application Deadline: N/A
Result Announcement: N/A
Fields of Study:
- Materials Engineering/Science/Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information and communication technology for embedded systems
- Digital Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Energy Technology/Management
- Engineering Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Technology/Management
- Engineering Management
- Environmental Engineering/Science/Technology/Management
- Industrial Engineering & Logistic Management
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering
- Management Technology
- Master’s Program: 3 years
- Doctoral Program: 2 years
SIIT Scholarship Program Coverage:
- The scholarship pays the entire tuition fee.
- The scholarship covers the entire thesis cost.
- The students will be given a monthly living allowance of 10,000 Baht.
- The students will be provided with round-trip economy class tickets to and from Thailand. (Up to a maximum of 20,000 Baht per student.)
- A maximum of 10,000 Baht will be allocated to cover miscellaneous expenses such as visa fees, airport taxes, and so on.
- Students will be provided with health and accident insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for SIIT Scholarship Program:
- The applicant can be from any country except Thailand.
- The applicant must be able to continue his or her master’s and doctoral studies at SIIT.
- Students must have a CGPA of at least 2.75 in their bachelor’s degree to be admitted to the Master’s program.
- Students wanting to pursue a Ph.D. must have a CGPA of at least 3.50 in their previous Master’s degree.
- The applicant must be fluent in English (TOEFL (PBT 400+, or IBT 32+) IELTS 4.5+), and provide certified proof of proficiency.
- The applicant must have a strong and outstanding academic record and have graduated in the top 20% of his or her class.
- Be in good health and have a clean record.
- Applicants who have received other grants or scholarships are not eligible to apply.
Application Requirements for SIIT Scholarship Program:
- A statement of purpose (at least one page)
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé
- An official or current transcript:
- Bachelor’s degree transcript with at least GPA for Master’s degree applicants 2.75
- A Bachelor’s degree transcript and a Master’s degree transcript with a GPA of 3.00 are required for Doctoral degree applications.
- English proficiency test certificate as one of the following (if any):
NOTE: Even if there is no certificate of English proficiency test, the applicant may apply for the online application.
- ID card or passport
- Research paper, publication, or awards (if any)
- A recent photograph (1 x 1.5 inches in size as a jpeg)
How to apply for SIIT Scholarship Program?
Eligible students can apply through the online application form linked below.
The following conditions to keep the scholarship continued:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher with no “F,” “U,” or “NP” grades. A maximum of one “W” grade throughout the curriculum in a transcript is permitted without scholarship termination, provided that the scholarship recipient pays the full tuition fee of the withdrawn subject as well as the re-enrollment tuition fee for the course with “W” grade before enrolling in the next semester and the re-enrollment fees for the course with “W” grade. Scholarship recipients must also pass all credits taken in each semester and complete all degree requirements within the time frame specified by the regulations. However, the scholarship recipient is only permitted to fail to meet all of the thesis doctoral dissertation credits enrolled in the semester once.
- Make steady progress on his or her Master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation, and report on it every semester.
- For 30 hours per semester, assist with the institute’s work, primarily exam proctoring for 24 hours and laboratory supervision or tutoring courses for 6 hours.
To learn more about SIIT Graduate Scholarship, please visit SIIT’s website.
You may also like similar opportunities:
- Korea Foundation Scholarship for Graduate Studies
- Imperial College Business School Dean’s Impact master degree Scholarship for international students
- Knight Hennessy 80-100 Fully Funded Scholarships at Stanford University in the United States