IBM PhD Fellowship is currently accepting applications from international applicants who want to pursue a full-time PhD degree. The IBM PhD Fellowship award starts in the fall semester of the 2023-2024 academic session.
In this blog, I will tell you everything you need to know about the award, its benefits, and how you can apply. So keep reading this article to the end.
A doctoral faculty member must select applicants for this IBM PhD Fellowship. Successful applicants from U.S Universities will be awarded $40,000 and other countries will be awarded $6,000 to $25,000.
About IBM PhD Fellowship
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology corporation. Founded in Armonk, New York, the company operates in 175 countries. It deals with computer hardware, middleware, and software, and offers hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
IBM is the largest industrial research organization in the world and has 19 research facilities across the world. IBM was established in 1911 as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR), a widely known manufacturer of records and measuring systems.
In 1924, it was renamed International Business Machines and has become a leading manufacturer of punch-card tabulating systems. Additionally, IBM has become a leading manufacturer of electric typewriters, electromechanical calculators, and personal computers in many countries.
Being the world’s oldest and largest technology company, IBM has been responsible for several technological innovations, including the automated teller machine (ATM), dynamic random-access memory (DRAM), the floppy disk, the hard disk, the magnetic stripe card, and the relational database, the SQL Programming Language.
In addition, it is a publicly-traded company and is listed as one of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. It is among the world’s leading employers, with over 297,900 employees worldwide in 2022. IBM is listed as the 7th largest technology company by revenue.
IBM offers the following range of products and services: cloud computing, artificial intelligence, commerce, data and analytics, Internet of things, IT infrastructure, mobile, digital workplace and cybersecurity.
IBM PhD Fellowship Award Details
- Name of University: International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- Department: All
- Program: PhD
- Scholarship: $40,000 for students from US Universities and $6,000 to $25,000 for students from other countries.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Country of Award: US and other countries
IBM PhD Fellowship Award Criteria
- All international students are eligible to apply for the award
- Applicants with an interest in technology can apply for IBM technology-related awards.
- To be considered, applicants must meet all the following criteria.
- In order to be eligible for an IBM Scholarship, applicants must be selected by a doctoral faculty member. In other words, applicants cannot select themselves for the award.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a PhD program during the academic year of the award or withdraw from the IBM PhD Fellowship Award.
- At the time of application, applicants should have two years remaining in their program so that the fellowship can be applied to the last two years of study.
- Applicants that are from US-embargoed countries are not allowed to apply for the IBM Fellowship Award.
- Applicants who are recipients of another fellowship award, internship or aid from another country or institution except for academic scholarships are not eligible to apply for the IBM PhD Fellowship Award.
- Applicants must be attending the same program for the entire duration of the award without being transferred to another department or school.
IBM PhD Fellowship Application Process
- In order to apply for the IBM award, applicants must first log in to the university awards application.
- Applicants may request a copy of the submitted nomination form from the faculty member who submitted the nomination.
- In order to enrol at the University, candidates must have a high level of English proficiency.
Documents required for the IBM Fellowship Award
The following documents are required to be submitted by applicants before a faculty member fills out an application:
PhD Nominee information, including Student Curriculum Vitae (CV) – limit three pages
Faculty Advisor Information
Department Head Information
University Administrator Information
Benefits of applying for the IBM Fellowship Award
IBM Awards for universities in the United States are $40,000.
IBM Awards for other countries vary between $6,000 and $25,000.
Applicants are selected for the IBM Fellowship Award based on their research excellence.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the IBM Fellowship official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: