The Hokkaido University, MEXT Scholarships is open to anyone who is interested in studying in Japan. The scholarship covers varieties of fields of study and is on for any higher academic level. All the details about this opportunity are in this blog.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master, Ph.D., Research
Eligible Region/Countries: All Countries
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Different Fields
Opportunity ID: 12076
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Students from all over the world can apply for international scholarships at Japan’s Hokkaido University. In addition to MEXT Japanese Government Scholarships and Hokkaido University Scholarships, Hokkaido University offers a number of scholarship programs. The MEXT Scholarships program provides access to undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and research studies in Japan. It is the best opportunity to study in Japan with a government scholarship.
About Hokkaido University
Hokkaido University is Japan’s oldest, most research-intensive, and highest-ranked university. It is situated in Hokkaido, one of Japan’s most beautiful cities. In the QS World Universities Ranking, Hokkaido University was rated 39th in 2014. Hundreds of Japanese and international students are already enrolled at Hokkaido University. Bachelor’s, master’s, research courses, and doctoral degree programs are all accessible.
- Deadline: Applicants should inquire about deadlines from the Japan embassy at their home country.
- Funding Organization: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Host University: Hokkaido University
- Country: Japan
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, Postgraduate & Research
- Fields of Study: Several
Benefits of MEXT Scholarships in Japan
Japanese Government Scholarships (MEXT) amounts are as follows:
- ¥117,000 per month for bachelor students
- ¥143,000 per month for research students
- ¥144,000 per month for master’s students
- ¥145,000 per month for doctoral students
- Monthly Stipend is varied for summer and winter because a cold region allowance is added in winter.
Fields of Study
Please see the following list of degree programs for further information:
Applicants must meet the following Hokkaido University eligibility criteria:
- In the most recent two years of study in their native country, the student must have a 2.0/3.0 GPA.
- Throughout the scholarship program, the student must maintain good academic standing in Japan.
- Language requirements based on the level of study and field of study must be met by the student.
How to Apply?
There are several ways to apply for the MEXT Scholarships at Hokkaido University; select the most appropriate choice for yourself.
- Embassy Recommendation: Applicants must first contact the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in their home country and obtain recommendations from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in their home country in order to apply to Hokkaido University. Because the Embassy’s approval is required. Please find the list of the websites for Japanese Embassies, Consulates, and Permanent Missions. After completing the applicant document screening, the candidate should contact the Graduate School’s Division of International Student Affairs to get an acceptance letter. Please find prospective supervisors in HU’s Researcher Directory and Hokkaido University collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers (HUSCAP).
- University Recommendation: An applicant for a scholarship at Hokkaido University can apply directly to the university and request a recommendation. Students who wish to study in Japan can be assessed and nominated by the university and may be eligible for a Japanese Government Scholarship.
- Domestic Selection: Privately funded, full-time postgraduate foreign students, prospective postgraduate students, and full-time prospective fourth-year undergraduate university students (or prospective sixth-year students in the case of medical schools, etc.) who are academically and personally excellent are awarded domestic selection scholarships beginning in April. Domestic Selection might not be available every year.
See More Scholarships:
- 2023 Weidenfeld Hoffmann | Oxford University Scholarships
- Beijing Institute of Technology Fully Funded Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies
- Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) Future Health Leaders Scholarship
For more information about Japanese Government Scholarships (MEXT) at Hokkaido University, please visit the University Website.