ƓWith funding from the German Federal Foreign Office, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has developed the “Hilde Domin Scholarship Program”.
The program supports students and doctoral candidates from all over the world (including Syria) who run the risk of having their educational or other rights denied in their home country and gives them the chance to start or finish a study or research degree at a higher education institution in Germany.
More information about the scholarship and what it will cover will be found here.
All Countries BUT:
EU/EEA/EFTA countries Nationals of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and the United Kingdom
Medium of Instruction
Field of study
All fields except human medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacology, and law
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is currently accepting applications for the Hilde Domin Scholarship for 2023. The Hilde Domin Scholarship is fully funded by the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and managed by DAAD.
The Hilde Domin Scholarship’s primary aim is to assist people that want to further their education at the doctoral level and bachelor’s degree level from anywhere around the World.
Willing candidates who are at risk of denial of educational or other rights in their home country are eligible to apply for this opportunity to begin or complete a study or research degree at German higher education institutions.
All successful students who applied for the Program either for doctoral or bachelor’s degree level will get enrolment in their desired degree courses as per their qualifications.
This scholarship will cover all the expenditures paid during their study or research throughout their stay in Germany.
Important Details about the Hilde Domin Fully Funded Scholarship
- Nominations Deadline for Summer Semester 2024: 15 March 2023
- Application Period for Summer Semester 2024: 16 March – 29 April 2023
- Country: Germany
- Organizer: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Funded By: Federal Foreign Office (AA) Degrees
- Level: Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral
- Eligible countries: Worldwide, except EU, EEA, and EFTA
- Fields of Study: All fields except human medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacology, and law
- Gender: Male/Female
Bachelor: 4 years (1-year preparatory course and up to 36 months the studies);
Master: 24 months; and
Ph.D.: 48 months
Doctoral candidates and students from around the World who are at risk of:
- Being formally or de facto denied educational rights in their homeland due to their ethnic, sexual, gender, or religious identity;
- Due to their political or civic engagement;
Benefits of the Hilde Domin Fully Funded Scholarship
Successful applicants will benefit from the Hilde Domin Scholarship as follows:
- Monthly Stipend of 934 Euro for Bachelor and Master students and
- 1,200 Euro for Doctoral students;
- Health or accident insurance;
- Travel costs allowance varied due to country of origin;
- Free German language course of two, four, or six months, if necessary;
- Additional financial benefits.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants of any nationality except excluding EU, EEA, and EFTA are eligible to apply;
- Being formally or de facto denied educational rights in their homeland due to their ethnic, sexual, gender, or religious identity or political or civic engagement;
- Face a situation of personal risk or threat in one’s home nation
- Must be nominated by a university or institution;
- Be 18 years or older at the time of nomination;
- Have academic accomplishments, such as educational certifications that allow admission to a university or previous degrees that can be applied to future studies;
- Should not have completed their university degree or university entrance qualification acquisition more than two years ago at the time of application;
- Must not be a second bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree holder;
- Not have been more than 15 months in Germany;
- Be fluent in German or English, equivalent to at least level B2 of the CEFR.
- Good tests for German are DSH or TestDaF, and for English language Cambridge English, Cambridge Business, IELTS, ISE, TOEFL iBT, TOEFL Essentials, TOEIC, and PTE Academic.
Important Note: Nominations for the academic fields of fine arts, performing arts, design, visual communication, music, film, and architecture require proof of admission to a study course or degree program at a German higher education institution by the application deadline.
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Online application form;
- Document of valid identification (passport or NID);
- A tabular version of the applicant’s CV;
- Motivational letter (1 to 2 pages) explaining the applicant’s professional and personal motives for completing a study course at a German university;
- Status of Risk (1 to 2 pages) explaining a threat or risk to the applicant’s well-being, particularly their right to education, and the safety of their life in general;
- Proof of academic progress or graduation;
- Certificates of English or German fluency of minimum level B2 or higher not more than two years old;
- Proof of acceptance to German universities;
- Documents of one’s current academic standing (bachelor, master, or doctoral student)
Note: All documents must be in German or English language.
How to Apply? For the Hilde Domin Fully Funded Scholarship
Students should apply to a German Higher education institution and get an admission letter or acceptance of the place of study. The institution will nominate them to the Hilde domain scholarship program.
- Applicants cannot apply themselves for the Hilde Domin Program Scholarship.
- An institution or organization with a legal presence in Germany can nominate applicants.
- After the nomination deadline, formally eligible applicants can access the DAAD online application portal.
For more details about this fully-funded scholarship by the Hilde Domin Program, visit the DAAD website.
In case of any problems applying via the DAAD online portal and need technical support, please get in touch with +49 (0) 228 882 8888) or email email@example.com.
DAAD- THE GERMAN ACADEMIC EXCHANGE SCHOLARSHIPS
Know someone who is in need or perfect for this opportunity, don’t hesitate to share it