The Global Korea Scholarships is currently accepting scholarship applications from students across the globe, this scholarship is fully funded with various fields of study. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to study in Korea.
Details on how to acquire this scholarship are all mentioned in this blog post, please ensure you read to the end to get all the necessary information needed.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Master, Ph.D.
Medium of Instruction: Korean
Field of study: various fields
Opportunity ID: 29639
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Global Korea Scholarships (GKS) is provided by the Korean government to overseas students from many regions who wish to study in Korea for their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees. In the interim, this will strengthen bilateral ties between Korea and the participating nations and promote international educational exchange.
This fully-funded scholarship program pays for all study-related costs in Korea, including airfare, lodging, and tuition.
The National Institute for Foreign Education decides whether someone will take part in the G.K.S. program (N.I.I.E.D.). N.I.I.E.D. oversees all scholarship projects and financial matters, and it encourages the Korean Embassy in the target nation or a university to suggest possible applicants.
This scholarship’s main goal is to encourage cross-border interactions and friendly relations between nations by giving foreign students the chance to pursue their further studies in Korea.
Important Details About Global Korea Scholarships
Duration of program:
- Korean language: 1 year
- Master’s degree: 2 years
- Ph.D.: 3 years
- Research 6 months to 12 months (1 year)
Number of scholarships: 1300
- Embassy track: 650
- Research: 5
- General 610
- Overseas korean: 20
- Korean langauge teaching professional: 15
- University track: 650
- General: 360
- Regional university: 220
- R&D: 60
- Research: 10
Fields of Study:
All fields are available in the participant universities.
- First round application period: February- March (Embassy Track), February – April (University Track)
- Final result announcement: Late June
Benefits of the Global Korea Scholarships:
The scholarship covers all expenses, including the following:
- Full tuition fee: 5 million K.R.W.
- Flight ticket,
- Monthly allowance: 1,000,000 KRW for Master’s and Ph.D. and 1,500,000 KRW for Research
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 KRW once
- Language training: 1 million K.R.W.
- Health insurance: 55,630 KRW
- Korean proficiency grant: 100,000 KRW
- Grant for degree completion: 100,000Research support: 210K-240K K.R.W.
Who can Apply for Global Korea Scholarships?
- Be a national of designated countries: Albania, Angola, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Coted’ Ivoire, Cuba, Dominican Republic, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Fiji, Gambia, Georgia, Guatemala, Ghana, Guyana, Guinea, Honduras, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kenya, Laos, Lesotho, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nambia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra, Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Demonstrate a good health situation (physically and mentally).
- Have no criminal experience
- Previous and current G.K.S. scholars with a 90 % grade or above with topic Levels 5 or 6 are eligible to apply.
- Applicant and their parents should not have Korean citizenship.
- Be under 40 (born after September 1, 1983). Academic professors Applicants from ODA countries who are under 45 years of age can apply to this program.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Master studies and a master’s degree in doctoral studies with C.G.P. Of above 2.64/40 or top 20% of Class or 80% average grade point.
- Applicants of the research program should have received an invitation from partner universities and must meet the following criteria:
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Applicants should hold a Doctoral degree (by February 28, 2023)
- Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master s degree AND should be currently teaching as a professor at a university.
- Program for Education, Science, Culture, and International Cooperation Professionals: Applicants must hold a Master s degree and be an Education, Science, Culture, or International Cooperation (E.S.C.I.) professional.
- Applicants in the last year of their studies and are expected to graduate by August 31 can apply with a certificate of expected graduation.
- Candidates should select and apply for only the O.N.E. track, whether the embassy track or the university track.
- Applicants with Korean knowledge or an English language certificate (TOEFL, T.O.E.I.C., IELTS will be given additional points.
Required Documents for Global Korea Scholarships (in English or Korean)
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Study plan (only for Master’s and Ph.D.)
- Research proposal (only for research)One letter of recommendation
- Letter of invitation (only for research)
- G.K.S. application agreement
- Personal medical assessment form
- Consent letter to collect and use personal information
- Applicants’ or Parents’ citizenship document and relation document
- Bachelor’s graduation certification or diploma
- Transcripts of bachelor’s degree
- Master’s graduation certificate and diploma (only for Ph.D. and research applicants)
- Transcripts of Master’s degree (only for Ph.D. and research applicants)
- Doctoral graduation certificate and transcript (only for research)
- Certificate of employment for research applicants only
- Overseas Korean Documents or Proof of Korean Adoptee
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation evidence
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant
- Language certificates (TOEFL, IELTS, T.O.E.C., Cambridge, T.O.P.I.K.)Published research and books
- Awards and certificates
- Copy of passport
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarships?
Applicants should apply through the embassy in their home country or their desired University.
Candidates for the Embassy track should select three universities, and applicants of the University should choose only one University in their application. Please download the complete application guideline and forms.
For more details on the Global Korea Scholarships, please download the files attached to this post or visit the Study in Korea official website.
Check More Scholarships:
- Departmental Scholarships for International Students at the University of Padua, Italy
- 2023 Uppsala University Global Scholarship
- The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship for Individuals living in Risky and Unsafe Conditions at Uppsala University