The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is accepting applications for Glaxo Smith Kline Scholarship from Future Health Leaders. This future health leaders scholarship is a fully funded scholarship open to all the candidates around Sub-Sahara Africa who wants to complete their master’s degree in the Health field.
Language Requirement: IELTS, PTE Academic. Cambridge qualification
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 3
Eligible Region/Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 16576
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 1 year
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is accepting applications for Glaxo Smith Kline Scholarship from Future Health Leaders. For the academic year 2023-2024, three scholarships are available to assist the global training and development of the next generation of health leaders as well as the improvement of African health systems and health-related research.
These highly competitive scholarships are for students willing to enroll in a one-year full-time MSc program at LSHTM in London.
Brief Details about the Future Health Leaders Scholarship
- Application Deadline: 01 March 2023 (9:29 p.m. AFT)
- Successful Application Notification: 26 May 2023
- Offered By: Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK)
- Host Institute: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- Number of Opportunity: 3
- Location: U.K.
- Degree Level: Master
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
- Funding Type: Fully-funded
- Field of Study: Health
Benefits of the Future Health Leaders Scholarship
Applicants will benefit from this Scholarship as follows:
- Tuition fees
- Any mandatory field trip fees
- A tax-free stipend for a living allowance of GBP 19,500.
Eligibility Criteria for the Future Health Leaders Scholarship
All applicants must:
- Be citizens and residents of Sub-Saharan African countries;
- Committed to returning to Sub-Saharan Africa upon completing MSc year at LSHTM;
- Submit the Supplementary Questions Form to confirm the financial need for the proposed study program;
- Fulfill the minimum English language criteria of LSHTM, including IELTS, Cambridge Academic, or PTE;
- Prove a first-class degree or upper-second-class first-degree equivalence;
- Hold an admission offer to one of LSHTM’s London-based MSc programs for the academic year 2023-24;
- Should agree to Terms and Conditions.
Fields of Study
Applicants can apply for any of the non-distance learning intensive Masters programs of LSHTM, including joint programs:
- MSc Climate Change and Planetary Health
- MSc Clinical Trials by Distance Learning
- MSc Control of Infectious Diseases
- MSc Demography and Health
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Epidemiology by Distance Learning
- MSc Global Health Policy by Distance Learning
- MSc Global Mental Health
- MSc Health Data Science
- MSc Health in Humanitarian Crises by Distance Learning
- MSc Health Policy, Planning, and Financing
- MSc Immunology of Infectious Diseases
- MSc Infectious Diseases by Distance Learning
- MSc Medical Microbiology
- MSc Medical Parasitology
- MSc Medical Statistics
- MSc Nutrition for Global Health
- MSc One Health: Ecosystems, Humans, and Animals
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Public Health by Distance Learning
- MSc Public Health for Development
- MSc Public Health for Eye Care
- MSc Reproductive and Sexual Health Research
- MSc Reproductive Health Policy and Programming and Sexual (online)
- MSc Tropical Medicine and International Health
- MSc Veterinary Epidemiology
Or applicants can apply for these courses provided by a joint provider, and LSHTM doesn’t administer the admissions:
- MSc Global Mental Health;
- MSc One Health: ecosystems, humans, and animals;
- MSc Veterinary Epidemiology.
Applicants should prepare the bellow required documents:
- Supplementary Question Form
- Academic transcript of the highest qualification
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language proficiency certificate
- References (two)
- Research proposal
How to Apply?
Applicants can complete their Scholarship application in two steps as follows:
Step 1: First, applicants should apply for a London-based MSc Program of study in 2023-24 using the instructions available under the ‘How to Apply section on the relevant study program website.
Step 2: Applicants must fill out an Online Scholarship Application and select the ‘2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders’ option from the drop-down menu. As part of this application, applicants should provide a Supplementary Questions Form for this Scholarship.
Check More Scholarships
- Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships in United Arab Emirates University
- 2023 Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship Program for Developing Countries
- United Arab Emirates 2023 MBZUAI Scholarship
For any queries about the application process, deadline, or scholarship requirements for the GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders, please visit the LSHTM Website. For questions or technical difficulties while using the online scholarships application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.