This is an opportunity for anyone who wants to acquire a degree in Japan, the Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships is offering a fully funded scholarship for both undergraduate and postgraduate candidates from any part of the world.
All the details necessary for the application for this scholarship are listed in this blog post. Please to avoid missing some very important information, read to the end.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.
Number of Opportunity: 15
Eligible Region/Countries: All Countries
Medium of Instruction: English, Japanese
Opportunity ID: 15861
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation Scholarships for Overseas Candidates who want to enroll in Japanese Universities and Institutes.
About Rotary Yoneyama Foundation:
Rotary is a global network of people determined to contribute to social development and world peace through their different professions.
This Foundation was founded in commemoration of the achievements of Sir Umekichi Yoneyama, a businessman who contributed to founding Japan’s first Rotary Club; now, Rotary Clubs are in more than 200 countries and regions worldwide. The number of clubs reached over 36,600 and over 1,193,804 members as of April 16, 2021.
This Foundation supports international students in achieving high academic achievements and teaches the spirit of Rotary through exchanges with counselors and sewa clubs to deepen mutual international understanding and improve bonds to grow into a bridge between the students’ birth country and Japan.
The scholarship qualifications require enthusiasm and excellence in the following tips:
- Academic Work
- Cross-Cultural understanding
- Communication skills
- Yoneyama Scholars should attend the SEWA Rotary Club Meeting and give speeches and make efforts to deepen mutual understanding throughout such interactions
- Submit a report written in the Japanese language at least twice a year
Details About the Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships:
Number of opportunities: 15
Field of Studies: All field
Level Study: Bachelor, Master, and PhD
Result announcement: N/A
Duration of Scholarships:
- Undergraduate: (April 2022 – March 2024)
- Graduate: (April 22 – March 2024)
Value of Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships:
- The undergraduate will get: 100,000 JPY annually
- Masters will get: 140,000 JPY annually
- Doctoral will get: 140,000 JPY annually
NOTE: Successful applicants will receive up to 250,000 yen for actual expenses.
Who is Eligible for Yoneyama Foundation scholarships?
- Being a citizen of all countries other than Japan
- Those enthusiastic about studying and having a clear future goal, awareness and respect for cultural differences, and understanding the missions of the Yoneyama Scholarship Program and those who are in good physical and mental health.
- Having a basic understanding of the Japanese language
- Being under 45 years old
Who is not eligible for Yoneyama Scholarships?
- Those who have scholarships from other institutions at the same time
- Previous Yoneyama Scholars are not eligible to apply
Required Documents for Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships:
- Application form (a prescribed form with the photograph)
- Copy of submitted forms of application for admission for the intended university
- Research plan (must be submitted by both undergraduate and graduate students)
- For Undergraduate: current status of studies and career path after graduation
- For the graduate: plans of research at Graduate School
- Scholarship Essay (Objective for studying in Japan)
- Letter of Recommendation (letters must have a hand-written signature of the recommender)
- Recommendation letter for Undergraduate must be from one of the following:
- Recent School in your country
- Recent job place
- Teacher/staff members of your supposed university in Japan.
- A recommendation Letter for the Graduate must be from the prospective supervisor of your intended graduate school
- Japanese Language Proficiency Certificate (Not mandatory)
NOTE: Application documents should be written in eighter Japanese or English languages.
How To Apply for the Yoneyama Scholarship?
Download the application and enter information into the dedicated forms on the Yoneyama Scholarship Website and upload the application documentation
Visit the Rotary Yoneyama Website for More information
By the end, you will receive an application number from Yoneyama Scholarships Secretariat by email.
Alert! If application documents are found to be false or fraudulent, the application will be disqualified!
More Related Opportunities:
- Undergraduate Students UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program
- UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program (Fully Funded)
- Simon and June Li Undergraduate 2023 Scholarship at Oxford University