Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship for Masters studies is aimed to support and encourage outstanding students further their education. It is fully funded and this application is open to all interested candidates from any part of the world.
More detailed information concerning this scholarship opportunity is in this blog post. Please ensure that you read to the end and follow all the step-by-step instructions on how to apply for and acquire this scholarship.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 24
Eligible Region/Countries: All countries except EU/EEA, Surinam, or Switzerland.
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Arts and Social Sciences, Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Psychology and Neurosciences, Science and Engineering, Law, Business and Economics
Opportunity ID: 9901
Funding Type: Fully Funded
- 1 year Master’s program-13 months
- 2 years Master’s program-25 months
Every academic year, the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program awards 24 highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been accepted to a Master’s program with full scholarships worth € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend).
Both the Holland Scholarship and the High Potential Scholarship are components of the Scholarship program. The Holland Scholarship is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in partnership with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is intended for international students from outside the EU/EEA who want to pursue a full degree program in the Netherlands.
University: Maastricht University
Scholarship Value: € 30,000
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Study Program: Master’s
Final Result Announcement: May 2023
Pre-Academic Training: August 2023 (for 3 weeks)
- 13 months for a one-year master’s program
- 25 months for a two-year master’s program
Fields of Study:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- Psychology and Neurosciences
- Science and Engineering
- Business and Economics
Benefits of The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship:
The scholarship covers the following:
- 13 months enrolled living expenses: €12,350
- 25 months enrolled living expenses: €23,750
- Health Insurance: €700
- Visa application cost: €207
- Tuition Fee: as per cost
- Pre-Academic Training: as per cost
NOTE: These amounts may change for the academic year 2023–2024.
Eligibility Criteria for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship:
- Candidates must be citizens of a country that is not located in the EU/EEA, Surinam, or Switzerland.
- Candidates must meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and authorization to reside in Holland.
- You do not possess dual citizenship with an EU/EEA nation.
- For the academic year 2023–2024, you must have applied for admission to Maastricht University’s participating full-time master’s program.
- You must be eligible for admission to the particular UM master’s program to which you have applied.
- In the Netherlands, the candidate must have never participated in any higher education program before.
- Candidates who have participated in Holland exchange programs are invited to apply.
- Age: not above 35 on Sep 1, 2023
- You must have a strong academic background.
- Motivation Letter (Use this template)
- Personal Statement about financial needs
- Proof of academic excellence
- Official Transcripts.
- A letter stating that you are one of the top 20 students in your study program’s graduating year and signed by the department head or registrar of your school. Please make sure the letter includes your head of department’s or the registrar’s contact information.
- Contact details of one referee.
- One reference letter (guidelines)
How to apply for Fully Funded Master’s Scholarship by Maastricht University?
- Applicants must register in one of the University of Maastricht’s programs through the apply link down below.
- After registration, a student ID number will be generated.
- Candidates can apply for both the program and the scholarship at the same time.
- The scholarship will be provided upon acceptance.
- After logging into your UM account, fill out the application form.
- The required documents must be uploaded by the candidates.
- Provide all of your personal information, such as your name, address, date of birth, country, and so on.
- For each level, fill in all of the required fields.
- Carefully fill out your application.
Please note that the UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees if your study program requires them as part of the admissions process. By 1 February 2023, you are responsible for paying any handling fees that your program may impose. Please check your program’s webpage under the ‘Admission requirements’ menu tab to see if there are any handling fee requirements.
To learn more about the Fully Funded Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship for Master’s Studies, please visit Maastricht University’s website.
- Saudi Arabia KFUPM Master and PhD scholarship (Fully-Funded)
- Afghanistan Scholarship for MSc TESOL/MSc International Education at St Andrews’ Distance Learning
- 2023 Scholarship for Islamic Studies at Oxford Centre