If you are an international student searching for a fully funded scholarship for either Master’s or Ph.D. degree then, do not miss this scholarship opportunity. The Honjo International Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship open to all graduates and postgraduate student from any part of the world who wants to pursue a degree in Japan.
Details of the eligibility Criteria, the documents that would be required of you, and all the necessary instructions to follow in applying for this scholarship are all listed in this article. And without wasting your time happy reading.
Honjo International Scholarship 2023-24:
Japanese Graduate Scholarships are open to all international students from all over the world. Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Japan offers fully funded scholarships to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree at top Japanese universities. The Japanese Graduate Scholarship is available for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Almost every academic field and major is available for study at the Master’s or Doctoral level. There is no application fee for international students studying in Japanese graduate schools.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to students from any country and region around the world who have the potential to become outstanding leaders who contribute to the peaceful development of the global society.
Scholarship Opportunity Details
Honjo International Scholarship 2023-24 Details:
Offered by: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Degree Level: Masters, Ph.D.
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Eligible Nationality: International
Award Country: Japan
Financial Benefits of Honjo International Scholarship:
Honjo International Scholarship in Japan is a Full Free International Graduate Scholarship for Students from all over the globe. The Scholarship will provide a monthly stipend which will be enough to Complete your degree with all the expenses. Details are given below:
- ¥210,000 per month for 1 to 2 years of degree
- ¥190,000 per month for 3 years of degree
- ¥160,000 per month for 4 to 5 years of degree.
Required Documents for Honjo International Scholarship:
You have to submit the following document in an online application system to apply for Honjo International Scholarship 2023 in Japan.
- Academic transcript (In Japanese or English; please attach a translation in case of
- Academic transcript of undergraduate course (Required). If you transferred into the university from the College of Technology (kōsen school system), a transcript of it is also required.
- Academic transcript of graduate school (If you don’t have it yet, it is unnecessary
- Research Proposal: Use the given template (Click Here) and write in the Japanese language.
What we want applicants to describe:
- What you are going to research?
- What and how you are going to contribute to your home country based on what you will have learned or studied in Japan?
- What you have achieved regarding research, academic and social activity?
- A recommendation letter from the supervisor: Please get the recommendation letter describing the applicant’s academic performance, personal characteristics evaluation, future potential, etc. The student can also get a recommendation letter from the previous supervisor in his / her country if the recommender is more familiar with his / her academic background. The number of sheets and formats is not designated, but please attach a translation if it is written in a language other than English or Japanese.
- Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance, etc. Please upload the certificate of enrollment only if the student is already enrolled in the graduate school.
- If the admission letter or the letter of acceptance is not available by April 30, 2023, please fill in the probable date that is available in the “web application system”. And send it to the HISF office via email as soon as it is available. Note that, after April 30, 2023 web application system cannot be logged in.
- Open all the envelopes of documents to upload as PDF files through the “scholarship web application system”, even if they are directed as “Confidential” or “Invalid if opened”.
- A recommendation letter that is sent by email or postal mail by a recommender is acceptable. In that case, upload a PDF file that is written “A letter is sent directly.” The email address that the letter is sent is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photocopied documents can also be used to be uploaded.
Eligibility Criteria for Japan Scholarship:
To be eligible to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship 2023-24 You must meet the following criteria:
- The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- The student must be enrolled as of September or October 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from September or October 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in September or October 2023. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in Spring 2024 should apply for the 2023 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2023 (scheduled).
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the Ph.D. program must start the Ph.D. course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master’s course by the age of 30 (No exception).
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry on an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception).
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship?
There is an Online Application System to apply for Honjo International Scholarship 2023-24.
You have to fill out the online application form and Upload the necessary documents there. No need to send documents by Post. The link to Application Form and Official Advertisement is given below:
For further information, visit Honjo International Scholarship’s official website
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
- 2023-24 IOE Centenary Scholarship For Masters Students From Low-Middle-Income Countries, UK
- Government Scholarship For International Students at China University Of Petroleum