Danish Cardiovascular Academy would like to introduce you to the PhD program at DCAcademy. DC Academy offers 1/3. 2/3 PhD Scholarship. In this article, you’ll learn how to apply for the scholarship, how to benefit from the scholarship and get started with the application process.
The fully-funded PhD scholarship award is specifically designed to conduct clinical research, prevention, or public health. Interested applicants must have a Master’s degree from a Danish university or an equivalent degree from an international university when making the application.
About Danish Cardiovascular Academy
The Danish Academy is an independent body established in 1960 by a group of Danish intellectuals with the purpose of promoting Danish esprit and language. This is especially relevant in the field of literature. It has up to 20 members and it is located in Rumngstedlund, the former home of author Karen Blixen.
The DC Academy runs a number of annual literary prizes, most notably its Grand Prize. The Danish Cardiovascular Academy aims to support the Danish Cardiovascular research institute by maintaining high perfection and excellence in interdisciplinary research and training upcoming researchers.
Cardiovascular disease research aims to improve disease prevention, diagnostics, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Danish Cardiovascular Academy Scholarship Details
- Name of organization: Danish Cardiovascular Academy
- Department: Cardiovascular Research
- Program: PhD
- Award: 1/3 (550,000 DKK), 2/3 (1,100,000 DKK) and full (1,650,000 DKK) PhD scholarships
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- Country: Denmark
Danish Cardiovascular Academy Criteria
- All international students are eligible to apply for DCA Scholarship Award.
- All courses related to the PhD program in cardiovascular research will be offered by the Academy.
- To be considered, applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree from a Danish university or an equivalent degree from an international university when making the application.
- Applicants’ main supervisor must be a member of a Danish university
- The supervisor can only be the main supervisor on one application per call
- Applications should be made in any field of cardiovascular research.
- Applicants and the main supervisor must fulfil the following requirements:
- Supervisors are not allowed to apply for PhD scholarships. Only applicants are permitted to apply.
- The applicant may apply up to three times, and it is pertinent that they specify in their application that this is a reapplication for the same project.
- The principal supervisor must be a member of a Danish university and provide documentation that the supervisor’s group has experience with the essential methods as well as the expertise and funding necessary for a successful PhD-project. It is only possible to be the principal supervisor on one application.
Danish Cardiovascular Academy Scholarship Application Process
- All applications must be made in English and submitted via the online application system: efond.dk/dca
- In the application system, applicants must present relevant contact information, a project title, and a short project description in English and Danish. In addition, they must upload the main application document as one PDF file.
- The following documents must be submitted in standard fonts, font size 11-12, with line spacing between 1:15 and 1:5.
The project description must represent its aim and specific objectives, background and significance, Preliminary studies/results, Methods of the project, Risk Management strategy (“Plan B”), 7) Perspectives, 8) Literature cited (max 4 pages, including illustrations; excluding references)
- Applicants should provide the following information: a brief description of how they will conduct the project, and a brief description of how other research teams are required to contribute to the project.
- Applicants are required to submit their CV
- Applicants must submit their academic transcript as well as other relevant documents.
- Applicants must have hands-on research experience and should not be more than 5 years from the applicant’s master’s degree. In addition, applicants can also present an MSc qualification as well as MD publications, manuscripts, and a pre-graduate research year.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language.
Scholarship Benefits: Danish Cardiovascular Academy
Successful applicants will be awarded a salary and a tuition fee for the duration of the scholarship. In addition, the Academy offers the following benefits:
- 1/3 funding worth 550,00 DKK
- 2/3 funding worth 1,100,000 DKK
- Full funding worth 1,650,000 DKK.Danish Cardiovascular Academy offers an International PhD Scholarship in Denmark
To get more information about the scholarship program, kindly visit Danish Cardiovascular Academy’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities