This China Studies Program is offering a Ph.D. scholarship to all non-Chinese across the globe. This scholarship is aimed to financially support young academics with the chance to study and research in China, to promote a profound understanding of China and Chinese culture.
If you want to apply for this scholarship, the are some guidelines you must follow. In this blog post, you will find all the necessary information you need to acquire this scholarship. Please endeavor you read to the end to get all the detailed information.
Language Requirement: HSK ( Chines )
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: All Non-Chinese
Medium of Instruction: Chinese
Opportunity ID: 25021
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 4 years
Ph.D. scholarship program (Ph.D. program) by the China Studies Program (CSP) at Renmin University of China (RUC) is now accepting applications. This program pays for students to study for a Ph.D. in China. Four academic years will be used to pay for the student. A master’s degree from a foreign university is required of all applicants.
The Renmin University of China is a national key public research university in Beijing, China. The university is affiliated with the Ministry of Education, and co-funded by the Ministry and the Beijing Municipal People’s Government.
RUC is designated as a Class A Double First Class University and is considered the most prestigious university for arts and humanities and social sciences in China.
According to the 2021 QS World University by Subject, Renmin University of China was ranked among the top 40 in the world for Philosophy, top 51 in legal studies and law, top 80 in “Social sciences and Management”, and top 100 in “Arts and Humanities” related subjects.
Host University: Renmin University of China
Funded by: China Studies Program (CSP)
Application Deadline: N/A
About China Study Program:
The China Studies Program (CSP) is financed by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) (CLEC). Its goal is to provide young academics with the chance to study and research in China, to promote a profound understanding of China and Chinese culture, and, as a result, to assist strengthen the friendship between Chinese and people from other countries.
Ph.D. Scholarship Program Coverage:
- A stipend for living expenses and a research fund
- An annual round-trip foreign ticket (economy class, reimbursement based on actual cost)
- Medical insurance
Eligibility Criteria for the Ph.D. Scholarship Program:
- Be a Non-Chinese national
- Students should have already acquired or be expected to obtain a master’s degree before their formal registration at RUC.
- The student’s Chinese language ability should be at least HSK level 6 and HSKK Advanced level. Students with advanced language skills are preferred.
Required Documents for the Ph.D. Scholarship Program:
- Passport copy
- Transcripts of bachelor’s and master’s degrees (original or notarized copy)
- The highest degree certificate (original or notarized copy)
- The non-graduate master’s student must submit the original or a notarized copy of the Certificate of Expected Graduation.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
- HSK Certificate and HSKK certificate
- The master’s thesis or other research publications’ abstract
- Study Plan
- Form for Foreigner Physical Examination (Original). Use this template.
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate (Original or Notarized Copy)
NOTE: The Enrollment Guide on Postgraduate Program in Chinese for International Students of the Renmin University of China contains detailed requirements for application documents.
- Application Deadline: N/A
- Review of the university: N/A
- The CLEC schedules the review and interview.
- The CLEC will award the scholarship.
- Students enroll at the Renmin University of China.
- Students apply to the CLEC, and the CLEC forwards the application to the Renmin University of China.
- The International Students Office (ISO) reviews the application paperwork
- Eligible documents are given to the School, and the School schedules the candidates’ interviews.
- The qualified documents will be sent to the Graduate School for admission review.
- The ISO will provide the CLEC with the admission list.
- The CLEC will coordinate the evaluation and interview, grant the scholarship, and notify the Renmin University of China.
- The ISO will provide the applicant with the admission package.
How to apply for Ph.D. Scholarship Program by China Studies Program?
Fill out the online application form and send the required documents to Renmin University of China’s International Students Office.
International Students Office
No. 59 Zhongguancun St., Haidian District,
You may refer to Renmin University’s official announcement for more information.
Similar opportunities you may also like:
- Michigan State University offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
- Undergraduate Students UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program
- UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program (Fully Funded)