Candidates from Non-EEA/EU regions are invited to take part in the Avancez Scholarship for the master’s Degrees program. This is a great opportunity to study at one of the World’s most credible Universities in Sweden. Interested candidates are advised to make use of this wonderful opportunity and see their dreams come through.
On this post, you will get all the detailed information concerning the scholarship offer. Please make sure you go through every single detail.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: All Non-EEA/EU regions
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 1895
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Duration: 2 years
Avancez Scholarship is now open for Master’s Degree Students!
The Chalmers University of Technology will offer a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university study. Each year, the exact amount of scholarships are selected.
About The Chalmers University of Technology
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university located in Gothenburg that conducts research and education in technology and natural sciences. Chalmers is a highly-reputed university in education and research worldwide it is categorized among the leading European technical universities and is constantly ranked among the top universities in the world.
Since 2012, Chalmers has achieved the highest reputation for Swedish Universities by the Kantar Sifo’s Reputation Index. According to the survey, Chalmers is the most well-known university in Sweden regarded as a successful and competitive high-class institution with a large contribution to society and credibility in media.
In 2018, a benchmarking report from MIT ranked Chalmers top 10 in the world of engineering education. Additionally, based on the U-Multirank rankings, the European Commission recognized Chalmers as one of Europe’s top universities in 2019, while in 2022, Chalmers was characterized as a top-performing university across various indicators with the highest number of ‘A’ (very good) scores on the institutional level for Sweden.
Furthermore, in 2020, the World University Research Rankings placed Chalmers 12th in the world based on the evaluation of three key research aspects, namely research multi-disciplinarity, research impact, and research cooperativeness, while the QS World University Rankings, placed Chalmers 81st in the world in graduate employability.
Additionally, in 2021, the Academic Ranking of World Universities, placed Chalmers 51–75 in the world in the field of electrical & electronic engineering, the QS World University Rankings, placed Chalmers 79th in the world in the field of engineering & technology, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, ranked Chalmers 68th in the world for engineering & technology and the U.S. News.
Scholarship Type: Partially Funded
Degree Level: Master’s Degree
Host University: Chalmers University of Technology
Duration: 2 years
Eligible Regions: All non-EU/EEA countries
Fields of Study
- Automation and Mechanics
- Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Engineering Physics, Mathematics
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Engineering
- Mechanical and Industrial Design Engineering
- Maritime Management
- Technology and Learning
Benefits of Avancez Scholarship
- Tuition rates are reduced by 75% for a four-semester, two-year program
- Students who perform well in their first year of study may be eligible for a higher reduction, which covers 85 percent of tuition fees in the second and final years of study.
- The scholarship recipients do not receive any funds.
Eligibility Criteria for Avancez Scholarship
Avancez Scholarship is open for:
- Applicants for the first year of a Master’s program
- Non-EU/EEA citizens who are required to pay tuition fees for university study in Sweden
- Previous transcripts, certificates, and diplomas
- English proficiency proof
- Information page of your passport
- Project Portfolio
- Motivation Letter
- Relevant work experience
- Recommendation letters
- Certificate of cumulative grade point average (i.e. CGPA)
The applicants are chosen based on their relative academic excellence, which is primarily determined by their weighted average grade, but also by the prestige of their home university (including its position on global ranking lists) and the priority order in which they applied for Chalmers Master’s programs.
How to apply
Choose your favorite Master’s program and then apply online.
Read more about Avancez Scholarship.
Find Similar Scholarships:
- University College Cork offers the Miriam Cotter MA International Scholarship in Creative Writing, Ireland
- Vrije Universiteit Brussels Offers International Ph.D. Scholarships, Belgium
- The University of Antwerp offers Doctoral Scholarships for International Entrepreneur