Arts University Bournemouth in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign is delighted to introduce you to the 2023 GREAT Scholarship for international students to avail themselves of the opportunity of learning from world-class UK higher education.
Applications are currently open for the 2023-2024 academic session.
In this blog post, I will tell you everything you need to know about the scholarship opportunity. I will also tell you about its benefits, and how to get started. Keep reading this article to the end.
Arts University Bournemouth scholarship opportunities are open to students from China, Kenya, India, and Pakistan on all AUB Master’s courses.
Students enrolled in a one-year postgraduate program in the UK will receive an amount worth £10,000 if they are successful.
About Arts University Bournemouth
Arts University Bournemouth, commonly abbreviated as AUB, is a further and higher education university located in Poole, England. It focuses on art, performance, design and media. It was formerly known as The Arts University College at Bournemouth and the Arts Institute at Bournemouth and is home to Bournemouth Film School.
Arts University Bournemouth is the second largest university in Bournemouth and Pool, Bournemouth University being much larger and AECC University College being smaller. Arts University Bournemouth was awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework.
This is a government assessment of the quality of undergraduate teaching in universities and other higher education providers in England. The university was awarded for its high levels of professional and employment opportunities for graduates.
Arts University Bournemouth is divided into the following faculties: Faculty of Media & Performance, Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture. Arts University Bournemouth is a member of GuildHE, one of the two recognized representative bodies for Higher Education in the UK.
Short courses, summer courses, Foundation Diplomas, BAs, MAs, and Research degrees (MPhil/PhD) are offered by the universities. Nevertheless, the university’s main focus is on the areas of art, design, media, and performance. The university is home to 23 undergraduate and 10 graduate programmes organised in two faculties:
the Faculty of Arts and Design and the Faculty of Media and Performance. In 2016, Arts University Bournemouth was the first university or college of art to receive The Sir Misha Black Award created in 1999. It is to honour the exceptional work of a teacher, team, department, or course within or between educational establishments in the UK.
AUB has twice won the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
Arts University Bournemouth: Why should you study there?:
AUB is committed to nurturing creativity to become a professional career in the arts. The aim of AUB is to build a diverse student body with a variety of cultural backgrounds and experiences. In addition, it should admit students who are enthusiastic about completing their chosen studies.
Arts University Bournemouth Scholarship Details
Name of university: Arts University Bournemouth
Program: Master’s degree
Award: £10,000 tuition fee discount
Arts University Bournemouth Scholarship Criteria
- Students from China, Kenya, India, and Pakistan are eligible to apply for the award.
- The following courses will be offered by AUB:
Master of Architecture (Part 2 ARB/RIBA)
MA Animation Production
MA Design and Innovation
MA Digital Fashion Innovation
MA Film Practice
MA Fine Art
MA in Graphic Design
MA Historical Costume
MPhil/PhD research degrees
MA Film Practice (Online)
MA in Interior Design (Online)
MA Landscape Architecture Studies (Online)
- To be considered, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants will be required to represent AUB and the British Council as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarship.
- Applicants must be citizens of China, Kenya, India, or Pakistan.
- Applicants must have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one-year postgraduate program at Arts University Bournemouth.
- Applicants must meet any language requirements provided by the AUB offer by 15th May 2023.
Arts University Bournemouth Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants are required to apply for the scholarship online by filling out the GREAT Scholarship application form. Before filling out an application, applicants must have a postgraduate offer from Arts University Bournemouth.
- Applicants can apply for any postgraduate course using an online application form or apply through an educational agent. Applications for January 2023 and September are currently open.
- To be considered for the GREAT Scholarships at AUB, the applicant’s documents must contain confirmation of nationality. These documents must show the applicant’s passport from China, India, Kenya, or Pakistan.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Upload of academic transcripts
- Letter of reference from school, employer, college, upload of academic qualifications, Portfolio, letter of
- motivation, personal statement, and relevant experience.
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Applicants must submit proof of proficiency in English through IELTS Academic or TOEFL exam scores. AUB accepts the following English Language Qualifications:
Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) grade C
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C
Certificate of Attainment in English (London Board) level 5 or 6
IELTS score of 6.5 or above
TOEFL iBT scores of 92 or above and at least 19 in writing, listening and reading with a score of 20 or above in speaking.
Pearson PTE score of 62 or above with a score of 51 in each subject.
IELTS, Pearson, and TOEFL scores must be no more than two years old from the commencement of the study.
Benefits of AUB Scholarships
Successful applicants will be awarded four scholarships of £10,000 to support them in the pursuit of one-year postgraduate study in the UK.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit Arts University Bournemouth’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: