The Mandela Institute of Development Studies (MINDS) is currently accepting scholarship applications from African students all over the world. If you are an African student, this Scholarship by MINDS is a great way of exploring the riches in Africa and socializing with other Africans across the globe. This blog will give you all the information about this offer.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: African countries
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 39549
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 1 to 2 years
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Program for Leadership Development accepts applications. MIND’s goal of developing young leaders with a vision for the development of the entire continent and leaders who can encourage more collaboration among African states was accomplished with the successful launch of the MINDS Scholarship Program in 2017.
The Scholarship Program enables African students to complete their education in any other African nation outside their own country, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in the culture and diversity of that nation. They anticipate an increase in intellectual enthusiasm and the emergence of a group of leaders with comparable ideologies who will work to expand access to education and enhance the continent’s performance.
Details About the Scholarship by MINDS
- Organized by: Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS)
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
- Host Countries: African Countries
Leadership and Developments
Benefits of the Scholarship by MINDS:
Depending on whether a partly or fully funded scholarship is granted, the following costs may be partially or entirely covered by the scholarship:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return flight per study period
- A fixed stipend
Eligibility Criteria of the Scholarship by MINDS:
- Being an African citizen who resides in an African nation.
- Having received official acceptance from one or more MINDS-preferred institutions not in your home country or place of birth.
- Have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS-recommended institutions to begin postgraduate study in the upcoming year.
- Obtained at least 70% in each topic or course throughout the preceding two academic years.
- Conduct analysis
- By the inquiries and requirements on the application form, provide proof of your demonstrated leadership skills or potential.
- Complete the online application form and send it with all necessary supporting materials.
List of preferred Institutions:
An applicant must have been accepted to study at 1 of the following universities to be eligible for a MINDS Scholarship:
- Makerere University in Uganda
- Strathmore University in Kenya
- African Leadership University in Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda
- The University of Mauritius in Mauritius
- African Leadership University in Mauritius
- The University of Witwatersrand in South Africa
- The University of Cape Town in South Africa
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School) in Nigeria
- University of Development Studies in Ghana
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Ghana
Applicants must have the following papers scanned, stored, and prepared for upload. All files that are submitted must be in PDF format. A maximum of 2MB should be allowed for each attachment.
- A replica of the information page from your passport.
- A certified copy of your most recent two years’ academic transcripts or results in slips.
- A duplicate of the letter of acceptance from the university.
- The applicant must be the recipient.
- State the degree the candidate has been approved for.
- State which academic year the degree will start in.
- Indicate how long the course will last (e.g., one year).
- A copy of a valid study visa or permission OR application documentation (optional).
- A thorough CV/Resume of no more than four single-sided pages.
- Two letters of recommendation, no longer than three pages each, attesting to the applicant’s moral character, technical proficiency, leadership potential, and dedication to the advancement of Africa.
How to apply?
Having matched all the requirements, please kindly click on the Apply Now button below, and follow all the necessary instructions.
Just to let you know, an email letting you know you’ve received the application will be sent to the applicant. MINDS will contact you as soon as possible after you submit your application, usually within two months.
For further information about MINDS Scholarship for African Countries, please refer to MINDS’ website.
If you know anyone who can benefit or someone who would be perfect for this opportunity, don’t hesitate to share
You may also be interested in these opportunities:
- World Bank Master of Urban Design Field Scholarship at Hong Kong University
- 2023 Donghua University Scholarship by The Shanghai Government
- 2024 Ajinomoto Foundation Scholarship to Japan