Hanns Seidel Scholarship is offering a fully funded scholarship to Afghanistan students who want to pursue their Bachelor’s and Masters’s degree. This scholarship is offered to Support Afghan Refugees in Pakistan, aiming to improve regional stability in Pakistan-Afghanistan by providing long-term support to young, talented Afghan students registered as refugees in Pakistan and enrolled in Pakistani universities.
To get more detailed information concerning this opportunity, please ensure you read this blog post to the end and follow all the necessary instructions.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Level: Bachelor, Master
Number of Opportunity: 30
Eligible Region/Countries: Afghanistan
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 1835
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration: 2 to 4 years
Hanns Seidel Foundation HFS‘s flagship project, the Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program (HSSP), is offered to Support Afghan Refugees in Pakistan with the goal of enhancing regional stability in Pakistan-Afghanistan by offering long-term support to young, gifted Afghan students who are registered as refugees in Pakistan and enrolled in Pakistani universities.
These Afghan students will be able to pay for their university educations, receive additional training outside of their studies in important fields, gain vital professional experience through on-the-job training, and put their newly acquired knowledge to work.
The HSSP is being implemented by HSF Pakistan and the National Dialogue Forum as part of a larger bilateral conversation between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
The scholarships will have conceptual support from HSF Pakistan’s partner organizations and the HSF Country Office. This extra help will be helpful for social cohesiveness, academic achievement, tolerance, and dispute resolution. This goal will be accomplished using a variety of techniques, including discussions, cultural events, sports competitions, and workshops.
Participants will discuss topics including social cohesion, human rights, equality, subsidiarity, political systems, digital skills, rhetoric, soft skills, and methodological knowledge in the academic field, among others.
Number of opportunities: 30 per year
Duration: 2 to 4 years
Program: Bachelor’s and Masters
Specified for: POR (Proof of registration) cardholder
Deadline for current call: 18 September
Benefits of Hanns Seidel Scholarship:
The scholarship covers the following costs:
- Currently, each student receives a scholarship grant of 30,000 PKR every month.
- For academic purposes, each scholarship recipient will receive one laptop (must be returned to HSF before the end of the funding period)
- As conceptual support, there have been numerous HSSP training, events, and activities.
- On-the-job training to prepare Afghan refugee students for future careers in their native country All of these privileges are usually provided until the current degree program is completed.
Eligibility Criteria for Hanns Seidel Scholarship:
- POR cardholders from Afghanistan who live in Pakistan
- Must be enrolled in a full-time academic degree program (undergraduate or graduate) In Pakistan, at any Higher
- Education Commission recognized university
- Outstanding academic achievements
- Social involvement, such as contributions to Pakistan’s refugee community.
- Willingness to participate in HSF Pakistan, National Dialogue Forum, and their partners’ democratic, academic, and professional training programs
- Interest in preparing for and attending regional stability-related national and international events
- Afghan refugee students who are female or transgender are highly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who are already receiving a full scholarship from HEC or another organization are ineligible to receive the HSSP scholarship.
- HSF Pakistan’s Young Leaders Network HSF Fellows will include all HSSP Alumni.
- Students that score well academically may be considered for additional studies in Germany.
Required Documents for Hanns Seidel Scholarship:
- Filled Application Form
- Cover Letter (maximum 2 pages describing why you would be a perfect fit and worthy recipient of this scholarship, including all academic achievements, social activities, accomplishments and future plans)
- Short CV
- An academic advisor’s brief letter of support (2 pages max)
- A picture of yourself
- Scan of POR Proof of Registration card
- A scan of your matriculation and intermediate diplomas (equivalence certificate for students who have studied at Afghan schools)
- Proof of enrollment in a Pakistani university approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Previous semester’s transcripts
How to apply for Hanns Seidel Scholarship for Afghan refugees in Pakistan?
Email the mentioned above documents as a single pdf file and in the correct order (1-9) to the HSSP Focal Person through the email address below
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about Hanns Seidel Scholarship for Afghan refugees in Pakistan.
- Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students by University of Dayton
- University of Otago Ph.D. and Professional Doctorate Scholarship in New Zealand
- Inha University 2023 Jungseok International Scholarship