The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) is currently accepting scholarship applications from Islamic students that are residing in the UK, this scholarship for Islamic studies is fully funded and is aimed to provide financial assistance to Islamic students in the UK’s communities.
This blog post will be providing you with the step by step guidelines on how to acquire this scholarship. Please make sure you read to the end to avoid missing important information.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Eligible Region/Countries: Applicants must be ordinarily resident in the UK and from a Muslim community (Afghan citizens residing in the UK)
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 59137
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Begin your academic career in the UK. good news The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) currently offers scholarships. This fellowship was established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to provide funding for students from the UK’s Muslim communities. The Centre, an independent organization recognized by Oxford University, was established in 1985 to advance scholarly research on Islam and the Islamic world.
The Center acts as a focal point for communication between the intellectual communities of Islam and the West. It encourages Oxford University’s interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, an expanding international network of intellectual connections deepens its role.
Brief Details About the Scholarship for Islamic Studies
Organized by: University of Oxford
Subject: All subjects, except medicine and PGCE (List of Courses)
College: All colleges
Number of opportunities: Up to 5
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be ordinarily resident in the UK and from a Muslim community (Afghan citizens residing in the UK)
Scholarship for Islamic Studies Benefits
- Depending on the length of the course, it will cover all of your expurgates for the next three or four years.
- Your course tuition (at the domestic rate) and a stipend for living expenses will be covered.
Eligibility Criteria for The Scholarship for Islamic Studies
- Candidates must be from a Muslim community and ordinarily reside in the UK.
- Applicants must be college students.
- Scholarships will be given based on academic achievement and financial need.
- Applicants who are seeking a second undergraduate degree will not be taken into consideration.
- You must regularly reside in the UK to qualify for this award. The scholarship covers only the Home rate.
How to Apply for The Scholarship for Islamic Studies?
- You must apply to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS through apply now button below.
- To apply via UCAS, please follow the steps below:
- Register with UCAS
- Complete your details
- Add your education history
- Complete your employment history
- Select your course choices: You can choose up to five courses (all now or some later). In this step, select the University of Oxford.
- Write a personal statement
- Submit your application
- Get a reference, pay your application fee, and send your application to the University of Oxford. (In case you are unable to pay the application fee, you can request to be exempted from the £22.50 application fee)
- In January 2023, information on how to apply for a scholarship for entrance in 2023 will be made accessible on the official website.
- The selection procedure for 2023 admission students who submit their applications by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline will take place in March 2023.
- In April 2023, applicants will learn the results of their applications.
To learn more, visit the official website.
- To ensure that they have enough access to financing to finance their studies at Oxford, if their scholarship application is rejected, all candidates will be requested to submit a loan application to Student Finance. If a candidate declines to apply for Student Finance, they must explain why at the time of the request. The applicant must terminate their Student Finance debts if their scholarship application is accepted
- After their first Michaelmas Term and once a year, scholars will be required to prepare reports outlining their academic and extracurricular endeavors and successes at the university.
- The award will only be given out if you make adequate academic progress in the following years, which will be checked through your termly tutorial reports.
- Scholars can hold an Oxford Bursary and a Crankstart (formerly Moritz-Heyman) scholarship grant. Awards may be given in conjunction with other funding sources; however, this will be considered when calculating the award’s worth.
- If you are interested in applying for a scholarship and have been offered delayed admission to an undergraduate program at Oxford, do so in January of the year you want to enroll (e.g., in January 2023 if you hold an offer to start in October 2023). Applications for undergraduate scholarships are only accepted once.
Also, Check Similar Opportunities:
- 2023 HAN Scholarships for International Students in Netherland
- Columbia University Admission Process for 2023-2024 Academic Session, City of New York
- The University of Washington Offers Admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Year